Tuesday, December 04, 2007

will there ever be time to blog?

yeah

so everyone that had their eyes glaze over on the Canadian Politics primer and breezed past it...

read the last section of that post

----

my dad went into the hospital again this past weekend

he had a seizure in about 2AM

my mom tried to reach me and couldn't

my sister-in-law did

Smitten and I had just had a major shaker Christmas party

for the first time in a long time i was so sloshed i could barely walk

i decided that i would not go to the hospital

my Mom won't say it completely out loud, but she's pretty choked i didn't come there

i told her that it would have done no good for me to come over if i couldn't maintain myself upright in a chair...

----

stbx-Mrs_C is losing her marbles. the kids are complaining that she is REALLY unstable

----

the counter-petition from her lawyer arrived

it contains a number if shitty untrue statements - luckily i have written documentation to rebut them

----

work continues to be non-stop from the moment i get here until i leave - often quite late

the new set-up is quite an adjustment for everyone involved

bumping egos and old processes/attitudes that do not fit our new station in the universe are casing problems

----

balh, blah, blah

i will actually detail some of all of this when i have some time, or i'm not too exhausted to do it

7 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

There's never time to blog. We take it when we can. Like you just did.

I hope your dad is on the mend...I know you've spoken of his medical issues. I don't care how old we are - our parents are always our parents. The thought of not having them around is horrid.

Glad the party went well but not so glad that you couldn't make it to the hospital. While I understand your mom's miffed attitude, I completely support your choice to not go...you wouldn't have been helpful. Good move, Cad!

terry said...

so sorry to hear about your dad. and so sorry to hear you're so swamped.

hope you get some time off soon...

Sicilian said...

So sorry about your dad. Try to think of it from your mom's end. She just needed your support. She is probably reading much more into it than needed, but as a woman I know I do it too.
She will get over it. . . . just act really sorry. . . it will help her cope.
Ciao

SignGurl said...

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I'm happy that you were able to act less than responsible for once. Sometimes getting tanked is good for the soul.

Balloon Pirate said...

I did read your primer--just had nothing worthwhile to add. Yeah, you work in a hard world, and it's gotta be harder now.

My ex-sister-in-law has been the only Democrat in a Republican office for more than a decade, so I can understand how you're feeling.

You made the right call about going to your dad's when you were that drunk. I'm guessing your Mom's just transferring her angers and fears onto the nearest target, and you gave yourself a bullseye.

And regarding stbx: Don't worry. She will make your case for you far better than you can.

Good work, man.

yeharr

Big Pissy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad...hope he's better. :)

Take care of yourself..we'll be around. :)

Honi said...

where ya be dude... miss reading u .. hope all is well