Sunday, December 07, 2008

clarification

my ex assaulted me when i tried to pick up my daughter (friday was switchover day)

she struck me in the head and chest with her fists and lunged at and shoved me

in front of the kids

----

she had been in an altercation with my daughter earlier in the day when stbx pretended to be going to leave the house "I'm just leaving. i'm leaving and you and your father can live in this house with [Smitten] and i'll just disappear - you'll never see me again. you've made your choices. now live with them."

high drama

then she turned to leave

and daughter grabbed her and they scuffled

high drama - all aimed at pressuring my daughter to stay with stbx full time. to move two provinces away with the stbx.

stbx had pressured daughter into agreeing to move. but that wasn't enough. in almost the exact scenario i had to deal with the night i left the stbx, agreeing to "stay" wasn't good enough. she had to have more. so it wasn't enough to have daughter agree to move, but daughter had to immediately agree to stay full time with stbx - and start immediately. because stbx has to have it now - and have it all.

there are only her needs - and no-one else's

once again, stbx overplayed her hand. she took her eye off the ball of the eventual goal of having daughter move with her and got greedy - and in doing so she will have likely lost her endgame.

----

i explained to my kids that my decision to report the incident to the police is not motivated out of malice or revenge. that i was not out to "get" their mother or punish her. that i would not be going all "hardcore" on her. that my intent is to see if i can get their mother the help she needs through the courts and family services. get my children the intervention and support they need. force a few of my ideas on counselling and healthy options on the whole scenario (oddly - my ideas mirror public policy in this province... who'd 'a' thunk it?)

son says that he wishes that i would go hardcore. wishes that i would turn the screws hard. he says that he believes she is a sociopath and that her public fuck-upedness is a cover for a devious, manipulating, and malicious interior. he says he believes that she is "evil" (yes - that word).

daughter and i disagreed with son. we think she's just fucked up.

----

i explained to the kids that i had been thinking through the implications for a day. and that i had made my choice based on stepping back for a moment and thinking about all those papers and manuals i had written about how to deal with relationship violence. that if it wasn't me and it wasn't our family. if i was a woman and not a man - what would i say should be done.

and the answer was immediate.

i had to report it.

----

i thought about what my children witnessed - and the reports i have read over the years about children witnessing family violence

and now it's happened to mine

if my daughter was ever assaulted by a boyfriend or husband (or wife, if she goes fully that way) she will have at least one moment of modeling that has to do with being resolute and not caving in

----

my daughter said that she had been considering committing suicide earlier friday. that Alex - the friend of son's that is still staying at the house - came in and saw her and said "[Daughter] - what the fuck? Don't do that."

daughter says she blames herself for the scenario in which her mother would leave or abandon her.

i am still trying to extract some details about the situation, but have had difficulty because the kids have had friends around constantly since the incident.

if my daughter is moving toward suicidal thoughts i need to keep her away from the stbx

i am seeing social services and may lawyers on monday - until the stbx is in treatment i am going to try to keep daughter full-time until she is more stable.

we'll see if i can get around the stbx's lies and poor me story

a huge chunk of me believes that by the end of this, i will be the one in jail... from her lies

but my head prevails - i have to see this through

luckily i have a some aces in the sleeve

Alex and my son

and my daughter

and Chris - the guy who used to live there last year

all can provide proof of the stbx's whackedness

and because this is the police and assault and the domestic violence unit, this will alter daughter's behaviours and propensity to cover for her mother

daughter doesn't want to move away. she doesn't want to go with her mother - and even though she may actually love her mother - or may be even more stockholm syndrome than me

i think that given the proper cover and the proper "i couldn't lie" defense for why she told the truth - daughter will spill the beans

----

i think i am going to puke now...

6 comments:

Sicilian said...

Sorry. . . . Sorry. . . . I don't even know what to say. . . . I knew she was wacky. . . . . . but she is honestly a sicko.
Ciao

Big Pissy said...

Oh no, Cad!

I'm so sorry!

I don't know what to say....

I sincerely hope everything works out the best for you and your children.

Lil'Sis said...

ditto all the above Cad, I'm so so sorry....sending some hard hugs your way.

Honi said...

OHH GOOD LORD what a criminal that woman is.. you hit the nail on the head.. with her.. I pray that you can get your daughter out of their asap and get her going on a more routine schedule.. so maybe a sense of REAL NORM will remind her what a family is suppose to be about..

Balloon Pirate said...

1) People who commit suicide commit suicide. They don't talk much about it. The ones who talk about it are crying out for help.

2) In the US, someone who threatens suicide can be taken into protective custody. Remember this, and put this into any further complaints. It's not something to be dismissed. It's a signal that the person needs help, and on some level is asking for it.

3) This is not the first time you've been assaulted. It's been a pattern. You have been assaulted verbally and sexually in the past.

4) After my first court date with my ex, the (female) bailiff came up to me and said 'You're doing the right thing.' This is my way of telling you that crazy folks can only hide crazy for so long.

Good luck, and I'm pulling for you!

Yeharr

cadbury_vw said...

Pirate:

1) as i will note in a posting today, at one level she almost seemed relieved when i served her with the papers

2) the mobile crisis people went to her house to do a suicide assessment in less than a half hour after if finished the complaint at the police station

3) she's physically assaulted me before as well. she used to sometimes start hitting me in my sleep, or as i was going to sleep - but, oddly, as i think about it, always while we were in bed...

4) Smitten thinks that the stbx won't be able to hold it together in order to fake sanity - especially with son backing up my story/views