Sunday, February 01, 2009

Smitten wrote:

(It was suggested to me by a blog reader that I post this in the main part of the blog. this is a response Smitten wrote in relation to a comment by Sicilian on the post Day by Day (below))

----

February 01, 2009 1:55 AM

Smitten said...

Cadbury read me your comment, and I asked him to pass along a message from me - he however, suggested I write it myself...

First: Hello!

Second: I am a bit apprehensive about writing here as this is not my space - it is Cadbury's - and I am very conscious about people having their privacy. Just so you know, I do not read this blog - however occasionally Cadbury will read aloud what he has written or comments made as a result.
Which is why I felt compelled to comment today.

I know that he has chronicled our relationship, and that the nickname "Smitten" comes from shortly after we met and he wrote a post (side note, after our second date I wrote that I was "smitten" with him as well).

Yes, the ex has a personality disorder (nuts) and yes it has been a tremendous strain on Cadbury. Yes, he is doing an amazing job - there is so much going on all the time. It is like he is constantly bombarded. But,he handles it, and that is why I am still hanging in/on ... he is worth it.

I am humbled by your comment - and would instead say that I have the insight and understanding that all this periphery stuff will eventually go away. And I see all this stuff as a useful (albeit painful) learning experience.
Every crisis = an opportunity.

The stress will eventually come to an end. And when it is finished, he and I can continue with our great relationship... he is a wonderful man, who actually is the amazing person.
I think that we bring out the best in each other, and when we are together, all is right in the world.

So I thank you for your kind comment, and most of all your continued support. I came along in the middle of the journey, but you all have been here from the start.

P.S. yes, I care for him an amazing amount, and lucky for me, he cares for me the same way.

3 comments:

Sicilian said...

Smitten. . . . your words are kind. . . . I am so glad you have each other. . . .
Ciao

Big Pissy said...

Smitten: you sound like a wonderful person. I'm so happy that Cad has you in his life. :)

terry said...

you two are so very lucky to have found each other!