Tuesday, February 24, 2009

taking care of kids

likely dropping out of another class... i only have two left, so that will leave me with one

that sucks

i feel like i suck

failing at university again - failing to achieve my goals - failing to complete my course and individual classes

again

thought maybe third time lucky.

the first time it was my fault. i partied too much. the second time it was the psycho ex bagging at me about money that pushed me off the straight and narrow.

the crap this time is putting me off my third try

i am consoling myself with the knowledge that some is better than none (one class), and that making sure i survive and that my kids survive is the most important thing to me.

so i will likely have to lose the class (withdraw)

to make myself feel better i will quote Bill Clinton on family and jobs:
"And number three, the president needs to know he's doing right by his daughters.

In their hearts of hearts, most fathers believe that raising their kids is their most important job, even presidents. And so we should be happy when he takes his children to school, because it then will free him up emotionally to be even more involved in the decisions of the presidency.

If you know you've taken care of your kids, then you feel that your job can get your full attention."
- Bill Clinton, CNN interview (02/17/2009)

3 comments:

Wien. said...

I know it's hard Cad, you're doing the best you can. That's all you can do.
Sending good thoughts your way.
W.

terry said...

bill was right. your kids come first.

you're not failing at anything, cad. things come up, and you have to prioritize.

school will still be there.

Sicilian said...

Mr.C. . . .Cling to the fact that you know what it is best for your kids. . . . you will get through this crap and be a better person for the experience. . . . and if you are like me. . . you will hate the whole learning curve. . . You are doing an amazing job considering what your psycho x does.
Ciao