Thursday, October 18, 2007

pumpkin patch

At the beginning of October we went out to some market gardens near our city. These are some pictures of that day. I took them with my cell phone and accidentally turned down the picture size while shooting - that's why some of the pics are so small.

I have always loved the fall market trips. stbx-Mrs_C only wanted to go a few times in all the period we were married. Smitten jumped at the chance.

stbx-Mrs_C told me she loved to do such things before we were married but then dragged her feet about going. Eventually I just didn't bring it up anymore. Bait and switch, I guess...

As for Smitten, going to the gardens was one of the things she wanted to do, and talked about when we first met. She was very happy that i would put together the plan for the activity and then execute that plan. In her marriage she had to do the planning and follow-through.

Yeah - I know - I shouldn't compare so much - but I do. I review and I validate. I ask myself how I feel about how my life is going and if it is happy. I ask if my life is fulfilling my needs at this time, and i ask if my life is changed/changing in a manner to address things that made me unhappy in the past.

If something makes me unhappy - i'd better have a good reason for doing it.

----

The Mexican figure that greeted us at one of the market gardens.











6 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . your cell phone takes really nice pictures.
Looks like a fun day.
Ciao

Wien. said...

I've never heard the term, "market garden" before... It looked like a lovely outing.

w.

Mouthy Girl said...

Oooooh I love stuff like that. Unlike the lady-like Smitten, I would have jumped over that bench and splayed myself out on the pumpkins. *snicker*

JsTzznU said...

Me thinking ya do better not comparing... Keeps you living 1/2 in the past. JsT enjoy what you now have Mr. C.

ohc said...

Great shots! WHat fun!

t_cole said...

you have pumpkins in canada???
who knew?
(giggle)