Friday, September 12, 2008

more Palin

have i mentioned i do not appreciate Ms. Palin's worldview or politics very much?

----

""Shortly after taking office in 1996 as mayor of Wasilla, a city of about 7,000 people, Palin asked the city's head librarian about banning books," AP writes. "Later, the librarian was notified by Palin that she was being fired, although Palin backed off under pressure."

"When Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla, the city billed sexual-assault victims and their insurance companies for the cost of rape kits and forensic examinations,"

“In 2000, Alaska lawmakers learned that rural police agencies had been billing rape victims or their insurance companies $500 to $1,200 for the costs of the forensic medical examinations used to gather evidence. They quickly passed a law prohibiting the practice.

According to the sponsor, Democrat Eric Croft, the law was aimed in part at Wasilla, where now-Gov. Sarah Palin was mayor. When it was signed, Wasilla's police chief expressed displeasure.

“ ‘In the past, we've charged the cost of exams to the victims' insurance company when possible,’ then-chief Charlie Fannon told the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, the local newspaper. ‘I just don't want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer.’ Now that Palin is the Republican nominee for vice president, Democrats such as former Alaska governor Tony Knowles -- who signed the rape-kit bill into law and was defeated by Palin in 2006 -- are raising the issue to question Palin's commitment to women's issues and crime victims. Palin appointed Fannon after firing his predecessor shortly after she took office in 1996.”

More Palin Stories - First Read

6 comments:

ohc said...

I loathe this 'woman'. She is a sad example for our species. I want to vomit now.

Mouthy Girl said...

She's a stupid cunt.

I say that in the kindest way possible - for I cannot possibly invite more shit from the Fates than has already been heaped upon me.

Let me revise that.

She's a stupid Republican cunt.

Zephyr said...

I only hope that more and more of these stories make it out to the public as soon as possible. It's time to stop this Palin worship... it's ridiculous!

I didn't really care for Hillary Clinton but Palin? Downright scary.

Sicilian said...

Mr.C. . . . I have been taken by surprise at the reaction of my liberal Republican friends. . . yes there are some of those. . . . they think she is the greatest thing since ice cream. . . . these are the same people who are concerned about the erosion of rights. . . . helllllllllllooooooo Palin is in that crowd. . .
I'm with Lara. . . she is a dragon lady ready to strike.
Ciao

Honi said...

uhmmm I go with Buddha girl on this one.. I can not stand that girl. Tina Fey on SNL did a great take of her.. fabulous actually..

Wien. said...

Cad,
I know how important politics are in your family. Personally, I don't get into them. When I had my pizza shop one of the rules was no politics or religion. This was after being trapped behind the counter by one too many customers who felt they needed to enlighten me to their views. I had enough.
So, no comment from me about Palin.
I wish there was a "none of the above" button to punch out.
W.