Thursday, September 04, 2008

pain and grumpiness

i'm in a lot of pain

my left shoulder and arm have been bugging me since late july and has flaired up into excruciating bursts of pain with excruciating throbbing and muscle spasms in between

it hurts a lot

i have minor surgery and teeth drilled with no anesthetic

not that big a deal...

this fucking hurts

massage, muscle relaxants, more massage hasn't helped

i have an appointment for acupuncture

----

i got a 63% in my class

fucking bullshit

should've gotten an 80 or 90

i am in discussions with the university's disability office to get extra time to write exams - having a history of not being able to finish exams in the time allotted is not a learning or other disability, but the staffer is sympathetic - once again people who know me and my history (20 plus years of involvement with the university) know i am not bullshitting - and know my ability. we are using my fibromyalgia (and possibly my anxiety diagnosis of a couple of years ago) as the official reason for getting extra time on the exams.

my doctor is sympathetic too - so the doctor's note shouldn't be hard to come by.

i feel comfortable. it's not like i'm asking for more than the chance to prove that i know my stuff - no other consideration - i am just that careful and methodical in my processes

need more time

----

i have started the fall semester - two classes on campus - two math correspondence

i am energised by each day on compus

so much life

so much enthusiasm and energy

a far cry from the cynicism and grind of the job

i am riding currents of air any time i am out there

----

when i am not owly and exhausted i will get my vacation photos up and such

it hurts a lot to sit at the computer for very long

this post is very painful, but i wanted to say hi and let you know what's up

see you soon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fee better Cad and take care, good luck with the classes too!

-Lil'sis

Sicilian said...

Mr.C. . . I wonder if you have hurt yourself at the gym . . . most of us overdo it. . . especially when we are on a mission.
I hope you can get to feeling better.
Ciao

ohc said...

Glad to see you! Hope you are healing and I wish you a lot of luck with the classes.

I understand that anxiety...
Peace, ohc

SignGurl said...

{{{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}

Wien. said...

I'm sorry that you're hurting, and I'm sure you'll be taking care of it asap. Right?

I hope the hurt goes away soon and good luck with your new class load.

W.