Saturday, September 26, 2009

she phoned

i dropped off the agreement last night. my lawyer sent it to her lawyer, but her lawyer was busy and didn't respond and didn't send it to her.

i know, because i called and asked

so i dropped a copy off

she called this morning. she said it looked pretty good as far as she was able to read and interpret the legalese.

she wandered into how she really wasn't ripping me off (after i pointed out that i was absorbing the whole cost of her bad investment ($3000) instead of half, like would really be fair (among other points)

according to her, the fact that she was the primary earner when we paid off my student loan 20 years ago is the reason she should get more...

whatever

i just said that the whole thing wasn't really debatable - but that she shouldn't claim hardship because she's getting a really good deal

i cut the call off fairly quickly

however, it sounds like she's going to bite

that would be so great

i can't wait

2 comments:

So Not Wishy Washy said...

Let's hope she signs by tomorrow morning and that you can leave her trappings as far behind as possible.

I love the whole "it's not debatable." I love that line and use it all the time with my students. It's the shut-down line.

Let me know when the good news occurs! I'm sending good energy your way, Cad!

Big Pissy said...

I sincerely hope she signs.

*fingers crossed*