Wednesday, September 30, 2009

overeating group

so i'm in the lunchroom at the clinic here, and i am talking about women and my mother and such, and i crack off with an old line of mine "Food loved me long before anyone else did... except for maybe my mom - and you know - mom's and food... food is love..."

it elicited the usual yuks. except not from our nutritionist, who said "sounds like you should be coming to our group"

a group hosted by her and one of our clinic psychologists. a group on overeating and/or using food as an emotional crutch.

it was sort of a throw-away line from her too.

then i had to fix the computer and projector while the afternoon group was on - and heard some of what the people in the group were saying

and it really hit home - they were saying a lot of the same things i have in my battle with food and eating

i thought about it for the afternoon

then i signed up

my first group session is 12 minutes from now

2 comments:

Sicilian said...

I want to hear more. It is a struggle I have too.
Ciao

So Not Wishy Washy said...

I think more people than not have issues with food. Even people who eat in a healthful manner and have no problems with weight or committment to exercise have issues with food.

I'm proud of you for taking a chance and attending the group session rather than merely laughing it off or becoming defensive.