Saturday, December 19, 2009

it's done

got a call on monday at just after 5 while i was in texas

they got the cheque at 4:57pm

it was deposited in my account on tuesday afternoon by my lawyer

more when i have the mental fortitude to tell you the details

i'm tired - still exhausted from a hard core 2000 mile drive (my parents) from here to texas in 3 days and a day long flight home wednesday and piling straight back into work on thursday

i have instructed my lawyer to update the divorce filing from 2007 and get it done

it should be done while i am in the sunny caribbean after christmas for 2 weeks

can you believe the stbx told my daughter she missed me?

maybe it's true,

but i think she should have thought of that before

6 comments:

Wien. said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift! I am so very excited and thrilled for you. Have a wonderful holiday soaking up the sun. You deserve every bit of it!

Sicilian said...

She misses the manipulation. . . . she is still at it if she is telling your kid that stuff.
I am ssssooooooooooooooooo glad you've gotten one thing settled.
Ciao

Big Pissy said...

GREAT news!!!!!!!

This has been SUCH a long time coming. I'm so happy for you that this part is finally over.

CP said...

I actually let out a sigh of relief as if it were happening to me. I feel like I have been riding out this saga with you since day one! LOL It's about damn time. Congratulations on a hard fought victory at long last. It's been a horrible year, Cad...but 2010 will bring you nothing but promise. A sign of better things to come.

Much love.
CP

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I regard as nice post. Specially the designation attracted me to review the whole story.