Friday, April 21, 2006

And All Of A Sudden Everything Is OK?

Yeah. So now everything is luvvy?

Last night was really nice. Today is a completely normal and polite day. A nice day. She phoned me at work with good wishes.

My Dad came by to visit after the conversation I had with him and my mother yesterday. He said they had been discussing things and they were wondering if Mrs_C actually had real live mental problems.

They discussed the recent highly erratic behaviour of Mrs_C and how it did not match up with earlier action sets. I told him that my kids had already told me they believed she was losing her mind.

I'm thinking about how to get her doctor to make an assessment next time she goes for an appointment (without telling Mrs_C my concerns straight up).

5 comments:

terry said...

jeez, cadbury... all i can think of now is how apt it is that you posted that info about abuse...because, to my eye, that's exactly what all of this sounds like.

it sounds like hell on earth. no answer you give is the right answer. you don't know when the next bomb will go off. she's constantly contradicting herself. and hitting you?

oy. i honestly don't know how you stay motivated to keep working at this. i admire you for trying, i really do.

Anonymous said...

Cadbury,
Every word and every take in your account is a high resolution match of the life I led for ten years with an abusive partner - even down to the blood she drew from my temple with a Bang & Olufsen remote control. You know the metal kind? They have class and they do pack a good hit.

The diagnosis is called 'borderline syndrome'. It used to be psychopathy but that became clinically incorrect.

For 9½ years, literally, I asked myself 'how much proof do I need?'. Over time the question changed to 'what kind of proof do I need?'. The answer to the latter was another question: 'Am I happy?'

So, are you?

I am stunned at the ressemblance of our tales and I sincerely hope it will continue. For me the clincher was: 'I need to protect my children from becoming a man they cannot respect'. That prompted action and there was life after my decision.

Mouthy Girl said...

Larry's comment says it all.

And Cadbury? I have a dear friend who's bipolar. His marriage ended for a myriad of reasons - not just his undisgnosed illness.

He's since been diagnosed and has learned not to tempt fate by not taking his meds.

You'll find the way...where ever you're meant to be. I'm so glad you're able to talk with and confide in your parents as well. Immediate support is paramount for you and your kids right now.

southern peach said...

Thanks for checking out my blog...I have spent tmie reading up on your blog. All I can say is WOW. I don't think anyone deserves to live through what you do. As a teacher, I give you kudos for how you are handling the kids and looking out for them. Hang in there! Be strong!

SignGurl said...

My God! How much is one man expected to endure?