Wednesday, April 18, 2007

dear diary

daughter came over for supper last night. i was really happy about that. except she ate some fish after school that made her stomach hurt. so she couldn't eat the food i made.

since food is love, i felt bad...

i had gone shopping the day before to make sure i bought things she would like that i could actually make. i started prep on monday night.

i made 2 fresh salads, jicama, and spicy stuffed red peppers.

she ate some jicama and drank some fresh lemonade (real thing) i had made for her, but otherwise was in tears from the pain.

the fish was some storebought no-name fish sticks, so i have no idea of what it did to her. there was no diareaha or anything, so it wasn't food poisoning.

so, i don't know. she sat with me all evening on the couch and we talked a cuddled, so i don't think it was a faked negative response to my food (even though i'm paranoid).

she says she'll come back over for supper on thursday, so i'll see.

----

my massage therapist is back.. she worked on me. it helped for awhile and i felt muscle clunk into new positions and it helped for a little while, but now my shoulder hurts again.

it's pissing me off - that's two weeks now that its been out of sorts

----

that client that i did that writing for was actually mocked in a public forum for her discussion of a sexual harassment incident that happened to her when she was in her 20s. the person mocking her was another woman. the mocker was mocking the fact that my friend (who is usually hard as nails) broke down and started crying when the incident came to light.

i'm completely pissed

it's time to go nuclear

i'm thinking through which women's advocacy groups i'm going to feed this information to and let them take a bite out of the mocker

----

went for my first lunch hour walk in the park. ice is almost gone from the lake. get my vitamin d naturally in addition to my pills.

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Y'all still have ice there?

I won't complain about the heat here again....

hope your daughter is feeling better. :)

Larry McJay said...

Cadbury,
You'll probably know more about this than I; but ... the pain in your shoulder might well come from your neck.

I had a shoulder that hurt so bad I couldn't sleep on it for over a year. As time passed it hurt 24/7 and I could only lift my right arm about half the height that I could lift my left.

I saw a physical therapist, who commented on my slumped posture, but didn't take action on it. Kristin did.

You'll recall she used to be a competition dancer with the posture to prove it. Here's what she said: "Do not straighten up by pushing your head back and your chin into your throat like a Marine. Instead LIFT the back of your head until you can feel the stretch in the middle of your back. Take the pressure off your neck"!

I worked with her recommendations for about 2 weeks. The shoulder pain disappeared and has never come back. My posture improved and at 45 I gained almost an inch in height. :-)

Not bad for free advice, eh?

cadbury_vw said...

larry: good advice. i'm on a computer all day every day kind of leaning forward into the screen

not so great for a neck

my traezius and deltoids hurt graphic of muscles

cadbury_vw said...

yes pissy, it's sad but true - there is both ice and snow left - not much - half the lake is open water right now and the ice will melt in a day or two

there is still snow in heavily shaded areas where there were large drifts/packs

that will be gone in about a week

when i whine about 8 months of winter it should really be 6 months of snow/potential snow (not always staying on the ground because of daily temperature spikes [we can easily go from 0F to 90F in a single day])

and 1 month on either side of that of just kind of shitty weather

we get 4 nice months (mid may to late september [with two weeks of shitty rain in the first part of september usually])

----

why would i stay here? good question. i plan on moving.

i stayed because it is a good place to live. low crime, good place to raise kids, free health care, decent people. but lately it has become more bitchy and self-centred. the infection of nuevo-republicanism is manifesting itself here with some truly ugly wannabees who will likely soon be in government. last time they were in power a whole bunch of them got sent to jail for corruption - it has taken about 20 years to recover from the last ones and i don't have the strength to go through it again.

i figure i will move