Friday, April 24, 2009

ideas on no ideas

today i was thinking about what i wrote in my last post with my comment on potential comments

"no particular need for anyone to post "cheer up little camper" comments - i just feel super sucky right now"

and i was worried i might have been rude

re-reading my words i don't think what i wrote was rude

but even so, it got me thinking, i want to make sure that i let all of you know that i appreciate your support much more than you know - really

i think about you as friends - i tell stories about my you as my friends (only sometimes mention that it a blogging relationship). i think about what you would say, or think, or suggest when i make decisions.

so, thank-you

----

Sicilian asked:

"Curious as to where son gets $$$$ for pot."

Up until last month he got $20 a month allowance from me. He works for my parents a few times a month making anywhere from 30-40 up to a 100 or more dollars in that month. He does spot work in the call centre. He gets cash gifts on birthday and christmas.

He is also a master of arranging group buy deals amongst his friends that end up with some surplus. Yes - almost drug dealing - or close enough for horseshoes and handcuffs - except for the lax enforcement of low dealing/buying level activity at both a policing and legal level. It meets the legal definition, but is never enforced at that level. Remember - Canada started the full scale decriminalisation of pot until Bushies had a shit fit on Canada. That was when we had a liberal government - the current conservative government wouldn't decriminalise, but they haven't turned the clock back much.

And after all that defensiveness and rationalising and minimising of my son's activities

he gets some there too.

And his buddy, who is a small dealer, just gives him some sometimes because they are friends and he shares.

That's how he does is.

3 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

There's gotta be a light at the end of this tunnel. I'm sure of it. *hard hugs*

Sicilian said...

Being a pot idiot . . . don't know our own laws. . . how much it costs. . . . how the whole culture works. . . just wondered about money. . . .
I didn't think you were rude. . . and I would think from your end that you are tired of hearing a lot of do this do that kind of thing.
The reality of the mess is that you are in a very difficult situation. . . . which IMHO is caused by the Never ending STBX. . . . what you are seeing in your kids is fall out. . . .
Again my friend. . . . I don't know your laws, but this thing is dragging on and on and on and on . . . . everyone at your house needs some closure . . . I think things would improve significantly if you could divorce and move forward.
Keep smiling. . . . you can get through this.
Ciao

Wien. said...

I'm supporting you too, and didn't take offense to your comment. Sometimes, at least for me, I am not sure what to say at the end of a post. There aren't words, really, to .....see, here I am again, without words. I feel like you're my neighbor, and we talk over the fence about our issues, and feel like you know that I'm here and wanting it to all stop, to all make a turn for the possitive, for your STBX to become just an X. I want it all for you.
Now if that made any sense...

Thank you too for the support and comments you leave for me. They and you are most appreciated.
W.