Tuesday, May 05, 2009

drop out

my son just informed me that with roughly 6 weeks to go in the last semester of grade 12 he is dropping out of school

he refuses to do the work necessary that will bring his marks up to a passing grade

he says it is pointless and he will finish his classes and his grade 12 later and in some other manner

i asked him he had somewhere to go. because i wanted him to leave the apartment for the time being after he told me - because i might do or say something i would regret.

he stood there looking at me oddly - and i told him if he stayed i would hurt him - injure him - so he'd best leave before i did anything i regretted

he left

i wept

3 comments:

Sicilian said...

You were wise. . . . so sorry. . . . I would not have been so calm.
Ciao

Wien. said...

I'm floored. I know the frustration of hearing your child flat our refuse to do what is needed.

Big Pissy said...

I'm so sorry.

You did the right thing...telling him to leave.