Thursday, March 23, 2006

Caving in

Yes. I caved in. Mrs_C pushed and pushed and pushed for days, almost without relent (a few hours here and there).

Right after the last post (March 10) I caved.

I said I would stay.

Since I said I would stay she has pretty much reverted. She told me that she doesn't think that she was as bad as I said, or did all the things I said she did. She says I'm making them up.

Privately I asked my son about a couple of the instances in my memory and he concurred with my memory. I then asked daughter. She concurred.

I asked my Dad, whom I had spoken to about the instances. He concurred.

I think I remember correctly.

Mrs_C says I am wrongly interpreting all the things that she did. She says she would tell me not to buy things while grocery shopping in a loving manner, not as a criticism. That she was just trying to provide input, and save a little money. FYI: my grocery shopping is frugal. I usually have to go buy the items she says not to buy within a couple of days after her "veto". I do most of the cooking and lunch preparation, so I know my stocks.

She says that all the things I said were criticisms were just poorly worded expressions of love from her, and that if she didn't care about me she wouldn't care enough to comment... She just wants the best for me.

Now it seem I can't escape one rant for another. I have been able to do almost nothing correct in the last couple of weeks since I said I would stay.

I was at the point where I was thinking things might work.

They are now as bad as the have been since the summer.

Can't win for losing.

Breathe.

Survive.

2 comments:

terry said...

oh man. not good. it's going to be awfully tough to move forward if she can't take responsibility for her role in what's not working.
unless, of course, you two are able to somehow find a way to wipe the slate clean and make a new start of sorts. with so much history between you, and so much denial on her part, that might be the best thing.

oy. i feel for you.

Big Pissy said...

I totally agree with what terry said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Having been through a divorce myself, I know how difficult it is...

I know that I don't know you're wife, but it comes across from what you've posted that she expects to control you and the situation.

Best of luck to you with all this...