Tuesday, March 28, 2006

To CP: An Apology

CP wrote an multi-part essay on her terrible years long experience at the hands of an abuser.

I apologise to CP for both my action and the timing of my post.

I had already begun writing my post below (Truth Time) on the Friday I first read parts 1 through 3 of CPs story. I have to tell you that I both almost lost my nerve to post what I did and was steeled to continue posting.

To have not posted, even in my shame, would have dishonoured you. I say again:

i am filled with anguish as you tell your story

i can only stand with you as you tell it

there will be at least one person here to listen

----
i'm sorry

and i'm here

and i will be here tomorrow if that is when you post the next part

or whenever you choose to post it (or if you choose not to)

and i will be here the next day after that

and the day after that

i will read your words

i will think about you

i will remember your story


I am responsible for my own actions. I take responsibility for my own actions. I take ownership and try to address the inevitable moral shortcomings that I have.

Responsible... I try.

No comments: