Monday, July 16, 2007

some pics from music festival trip

I forgot my camera - they're cell phone pics...



Yes - that's Buddy Guy in the white pants and red shirt on the stage. Yes it is the same stage and festival as I went to with son - the festival lasts for over 2 weeks.



This is the hotel at night from across the street. We were sitting in this great sidewalk cafe listening to a fantastic acid jazz band (after a day of great live music), after a great Thai supper, drinking martinis (the modern kind - really just cocktails served in a martini glass) and enjoying the incredibly warm and insect free night. It was utterly fantastic. I have lived for and dreamed of such moments.

The thought of the evening brings tears to my eyes it was so perfect.



This is a picture of the crowd and the grounds.




This is the back of the hotel. The picture makes it look overcast, but it was perfect and hot. Perhaps a little too hot - but great to be in.

I shaved my head all the way down to the scalp (not even the usual stubble) for this weekend (and the whole vacation period) so that nothing would interfere with tanning my head properly.

Smitten loves it being warm, so she was in her glory.

No comments: