Monday, July 23, 2007

why this blog is self-absorbed (RANT/BLAST)

to the person who reads this blog who thinks i should be more balanced:

the blog is about me

it is the place i go to explore my personal feelings. my feelings about my life. it is not the place i go to be balanced about things, or about my stbx.

it is the place where i reflect on what goes on in my head and how i feel - however unhinged or self-centred that may be.

no, person, i do not think i am so great. while i try to be good, and try to be decent...

i am well acquainted with my shortcomings as a human being. also, any that i am/was not aware of intrinsically were pointed out to me in detail over a long period of time. this blog and discussing my feelings openly and frankly is part of how i am changing myself - to get past my shortcomings

and part of how i will decide if any of those shortcomings are just character traits that aren't going away and that i choose not to change and anyone who wants to be around me is just going to have to learn to live with or they can kiss my ass - they can leave

i am approaching my life rebuilding with a methodology that i believe is sound. with a methodology that has been reviewed by 3 professional counselors (2 psychologists, and 1 social worker), and 2 doctors - and that is being reviewed with one of those counselors on an ongoing basis and with my doctor as needed.

all 5 of these people think i'm a little aberrant with their usual practice because i actually developed a change plan. a written analysis and plan (part of which is based on some of my blog entries) - they all said they thought that the plan and analysis was sound - just they'd never seen anyone be that methodical before - and that it was little strange.

part of the plan involves constantly examining how i feel - to understand the tones/flavours and nuances of my emotional responses in order to work with how i really feel instead of being in a state of denial or repression.

i am well aware that it takes 2 to make or break a marriage, but i disagree that both partners are always equally responsible for what takes place in it. to cite an instance we all know in the blogging world - is the Certifiable Princess (CP) equally responsible for the beatings and shit she took in her relationship with Tony? is she equally responsible for the break-up of that relationship? scroll down on this linked archive page until you reach Tuesday, March 21, 2006 The saga begins: A Four Part Story.. re-read that multi-part post - person with the comments.

and, opinion person, read CP's comment again:

"I want you to go to MY four part story and read it. Read it twice. Read it until you understand that the abuse that your wife is perpetrating upon you is NO DIFFERENT than the beatings, the bloody beatings that were inflicted upon me. I nearly vomited reading part three of your story, because it was the same vicious cycle of violence that I have experienced with my ex..."

Kristin wrote:

"For quite a few years I have worked professionally with women suffering abuse. Reading your blog has been almost as seeing their stories repeated ... with one notable exception: You have switched around the parts."

Cadbury wrote:

"Over the years she has pulled out every bit of my emotional being - like pulling a mussel out of its shell - and exposed it to air. And minced it. And then shoved it back in, or let me gather up the bits and try to recover.

Sort of like when you hear about the rapist demanding their victim pick up the clothes scattered around and put their clothes back on "Why are you naked? Get dressed!!!"

This conversation, on top of all of the rest over the last year or two, had left me with nothing left to be extracted for torture."


as for whether i should be saying anything good about stbx-Mrs_C - i do - sometimes. and to suggest that i am somehow insinuating that she did nothing right through our marriage is wrong. she just made most days misery, and on many that she didn't make miserable i was still hurting from the last time she shredded me.

so most of the time i don't feel very well disposed toward her and don't think that i need to or have to portray her in a positive light. why? because i don't feel like it. i'm really mad at her, and i'm really hurt, and to be honest i don't give shit if you think i should be nicer to her here on my pseudonymous blog.

so, person with the opinion, if you are looking for balance, go somewhere else - maybe FOX news or something. i'm not making you come back and read this blog.

as for me, i am going to continue to explore my life and its recasting.

to quote someone i know in the blogging world:

"It's for my benefit, not anyone elses. If you don't like what you're reading, then perhaps you are in the wrong place! "

5 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . you are doing what we all do. We blog to express feelings that we really don't express any other way . . . . so YAAAAAAAAAAAA it will be about YOU . . . . and my blog will be about me. . . and if people don't like what they read. . . well then go on to bigger and better blogs.
Ciao

SignGurl said...

I'm sure I know who your inspiration for this post was. I happened by that blog this weekend. The spewage is ongoing.

Blog on, my friend!

Anonymous said...

It sucks we have to defend ourselves on our own freakin' blogs, if people don't like it, don't READ IT.

As usual, I enjoy reading your insightful posts.

lots of love,
lil'sis

JsTzznU said...

Mr. C....... I've been reading you for awhile now and have even read back to get a better understanding of your "story". While I might not always agree with you, I do feel for your position and am happy for your progress in bettering your life.

I have read several peoples blogs that have "persons" Blasting them for this OR that. You might find my blog not to your liking, but I don't see you blasting me for writing it!

It would be great if everyone would get off their F-n high horse and worry about themselves!

Jst my 2 cents worth =)

cadbury_vw said...

sicilian:

i feel of kindred spirit with you as i read your journey of self-discovery. about your efforts to live what you feel.

signgurl:

thanks. yeah, i suspect you know whom i'm referring to. i probably shouldn't pay any attention to said ramblings, but i do. and the comments irk me.

that is one of the things on my self-improvement list - to care less about things peripheral people say to me and about me - people with whom i desire no connection.

sis:

thank-you. i don't know what else to say (i literally have tears welling as i read your words - i'm in sad emotional shape [just wrote the piece about my road trip with Dad - also still a little unstable about an incident yesterday - fodder for another post])

JsTzznU:

thank-you for commenting. i've wondered who you were for a long time - you arrive from a consistent internet provider that shows up on my counter logs.

thank-you for your words and your wishes. and you know what? i don't always agree with me in the end either. i recognise that i get things wrong plenty of times - i hope that is obvious in what i write. i also know that things are often clearer from the outside - that even though you and others are viewing my world only through my writing - you can see things i'm missing.

but, as my title box says:

"I am trying to put together a my life in a new configuration" "This is the story of how I'm doing"