Friday, March 14, 2008

"charity dinner"

Daughter and Son had agreed they would tell their mother where they were going.

When it came right to the point of telling her daughter blinked and told their mother they were going to a charity dinner. Son wasn't happy but followed his sister's lead.

The birthday dinner was good.

I thought they had followed through on the plan. I found out tonight they had not.

Even though I was supportive of dodging the bullet, once that I had brought myself to the mental and emotional place needed to support the kids through the shit storm, I was a little deflated by the turn of events.

4 comments:

Zephyr said...

I'm glad she was able to pick her level of comfort and your son followed along. She'll learn to stand her ground. This obviously wasn't her time yet. Her time will come.

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . I do feel for you and your kids. . . . I think it must be hard to be a kid in that situation. . . . I also think that daughter tends to be like you. . . . . wants to please. . . avoid the crap hitting the fan . . . . do whatever it takes. . . once again. . . what are your laws about visitation. . . . do they have to go. . . . it would seem at their age they could say that they don't want to see her. I think less time with their emotionally unstable mother would be helpful in everyone's healing process.
Ciao

Big Pissy said...

You're children are in such a horrible position.

I really hate that for them.

Zephyr said...

Just wanted to pop in for a sec and let you know that you're missed.

Hope all is ok.

*hugs*