Wednesday, April 09, 2008

update on food shortage

i thought about things, i discussed them with Smitten.

the outcome: went to the house. looked in the fridge and freezers. son's estimate of the food supply was correct.

i told the kids i wouldn't let them starve. i did tell them that their first order of business is to contact their mother and get her to solve the problem. son called brother-in-law's cell phone and left a message after being unable to reach them twice (so much for being available in the event of emergency).

i also told them to call their grandmother and talk to her about the situation - might as well toss responsibility back into that family and make the stbx suffer for a little while that way - he mom will make her feel stupid and incompetent for this one... they called her and she said she would bring food for them if they needed it, but none for Chris (the guy/friend staying there) - she said he can buy his own food.

I told the kids that Chris could spend a little less money on his cell phone and pot and maybe he would have enough food.

I was really upset by all this - i suspect you can tell from my last post. This is entirely beyond the pale. the stbx's actions are totally irresponsible. i'm really, really, really upset.

my mom happened to call over to the house to talk to daughter about some sewing she had done for daughter and got the word as well. my mom called me - she was close to tears (voice choking on the phone). i've only seen tears a very few times in all my years from my mom - deaths and funerals - and maybe 2-3 times outside of that. the thing that upset her the most was that Son was worrying about trying to find food for his friend. she thought that Son has so much other shit piling on him - yet he feels responsible for his friend - who is 18, and son is only 16 - why should he have to "parent" someone older than him? she told son that she would feed him, but that Chris could take care of himself.

i told my mom that Son got the rescue gene legitimately from me and from her...

----

the whole event left me distracted

it really ruined my evening with Smitten. so many things are coming up in my life that take away from us spending time just being with each other and enjoying each other's presence and our connection as a couple.

i told her that i was astounded that the stbx could be reaching into our lives more and more - that i thought i had insulated my self a little from her - but the stbx is reaching out through new channels to just fuck up the equilibrium - now, mostly through the kids and her messed up behaviour with them

Smitten said "Chaos knows no boundaries and no limits"

----

[took the blog public again - might have to go private again at some point, but the imminent potential danger has subsided. to my Halifax and University of Illinois readers - post or send me email, ok? you read so very regularly but do not comment (i think) and i felt bad about going private and not sending an invite]

5 comments:

SignGurl said...

STBX didn't leave food or money because she knew you would rescue the kids.

Couldn't you bring the kids to your house? I completely understand wanting to rescue them (as I'm sure we all do).

I'm not sure I understand the situation with the friend. He's 18 and lives with STBX, correct? He must still be in school?

I feel terrible for your son having to bear the burden of so much crap at this time in his life.

Nobody said...

Jesus Caddy... she is the biggest fruitcake ever.

Big Pissy said...

I agree with both jenn and eve....

Wien. said...

Document it. You might need to refer to it someday to show proof of neglect.

I'm also thinking that I wouldn't give her any negative attention for it when she gets back. She'll be expecting it and revel in the attention she'll be getting from you.

But do write it all down.

w.

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. .. . I'm with Wien . . . . you have ammo now. . . . also agree with don't say a word to her about it . . . it is what she wants from you. . . . this is your kids deal. . . . they will tear into her. . . and know their grandmother knows. .. .
She wants to create chaos in your life. . . . she knows you better than you know you. .. . don't let her do it.
Ciao