Monday, November 06, 2006

much of the pain is gone

In the morning I woke up and the terrible stabbing pain I had in my head and neck and back was gone. Breakfast and fantastic lattes were waiting for us. We moved through the town from shop to museum to gallery no faster than our feet could carry us. The sound of the waves was our constant companion.

As I sipped my wine and looked in her eyes everything was right with the world















The people who own the bed and breakfast are friends of mine. I was in the "business" with them. The husband was one of my mentors, and I even worked under him for awhile. When we first met we were on opposite sides of an internecine war inside our "organisation". We still carry the "scars" we caused each other at that time today.

They have escaped from the business. I still carry the sword.

Both of them developed serious health problems after decades in the business. They have been concerned about my health. They are pleased that I have developed an exit strategy. They are pleased with the improvements to my health and my plans.

They really liked Smitten.

They invited us back about 7 times during the weekend (a couple of years ago when I visited with Mrs_C we did not get invited back... the invitation was always open to me to visit them, and I have also done work for them in their post-business lives).

They have offered space in their B&B if it is available, or if not we can stay at their cottage that is about 30 miles away from their B&B. They have offered it especially if we follow through on our desire to learn to sail.

I guess I haven't mentioned that yet. I have had a hankering to learn to sail for years (mrs_c is afraid of deep water and is terrified of even going on things like ferries...). Smitten grew up near the ocean and wants to learn to sail. The coincidence is wonderful. She loves the sound of waves and water. Even in her profile she said she wanted to be near water - but being as we are drylanders for the most part she didn't think she'd find anyone with a really big interest in water or sailing. And then she met me...

We have the opportunity to borrow a 15 foot sailboat to learn on (located 25 minutes from where we live) from some of smitten's friends. They also have a 32 foot sailboat that is coincidentally on the same lake as the aforementioned cottage and B&B - stored about 10 miles from the B&B.

The synchronicity of it all says this is meant to be.

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

*sigh*

Looks sooooooo wonderful...relaxing...soothing....

good for you! :)

Zephyr said...

It's so awesome to read about things going RIGHT for you! :)

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . it sounds like a wonderful weekend. . . and I am very glad that you and Smitten have a standing open invitation. . . sounds like a wonderful get away. . .
Ciao

Balloon Pirate said...

Way cool. Looks like you've got a boatload of positive karma coming your way. Enjoy it!

yeharr