Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tag - you're it!

Balloon Pirate and Terry say we are to consider ourselves tagged if we read to the end of their entries.

1. Explain what ended your last relationship?

I got so frustrated and upset with another multi-hour "conversation" with my wife that I punched out a big piece of my garage wall. A chunk about 4 ft high by 2 feet wide. (read about it here).

I'm normally a terribly restrained person. And while I realised that anyone that could make me lose my mind in such a serious manner was probably someone I should not be around, that incident is not really what ended it.

I couldn't cope with what was happening in my marriage. Read my whole blog for the answer.

2. When was the last time you shaved?

9pm Monday night.

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?

waiting for my son to finish eating his breakfast - late as usual... as i picked him up from his mom's place to drive him to school

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?

Talking to a client.

5. Are you any good at math?

I am half-assed proficient at most varieties of basic math, algebra, and calculus - but i do not consider myself highly skilled.

6. Your prom night?

We don't have "proms". I assume you mean my grade 12 high school graduation dance. I took a woman whom i was sort of dating. She left the grad party with another guy - whom I consider to be a tool... I figure it was an easy way for me to realise she was not the girl for me.

I went for breakfast with my friends.

7. Do you have any famous ancestors?

How famous is famous? Various official historical sites have plaques with various ancestors names on them. No statues. There are lakes, streets, and geographical locations named after various members of my family/ancestors. There are encyclopedia and reference books with entries about my family/ancestors.

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?

Yes.

9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?

Looked at myspace once. Cringed.

10. Last thing received in the mail?

A regional catholic newspaper that my dad subscribed me to and some bills and junk mail.

11. How many different beverages have you had today?

2 - coffee and water.

12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines?

almost always if i don't reach the person. my messages are clear, concise, and have all pertainent information (in this order) - who is calliing (me), whom i am trying to reach, time and date of call, usually subject of call with short synopsis of projected conversation, contact information/how to reach me - usually repeated so the person does not have to replay the message to write it down, and any deadline by which i expect a response to my message if applicable. Oh, and alternate people to contact to resolve the subject of the call if applicable.

I am a message weenie.

13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?

Paul Williams of Phantom Of The Paradise fame - arts centre - maybe 3,000 people.

I didn't get to see Supertramp or the Police because my friend's parents wouldn't let him go with me and my parents wouldn't let me go alone. Second concert was David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, and the Tubes in one concert - football stadium.

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?

no

15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had?

wisdom tooth pulled. anesthetic didn't take properly. eventually took 3 shots to deaden the nerve.

16. What is out your back door?

apartment - no back door

17. Any plans for Friday night?

Dinner with Smitten - and our collective kids.

18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?

don't have any hair to get done...

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?

don't even know what you are talking about.

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?

every city that i have been in that has one. i am a museum and planetarium junkie.

21. Do you re-use towels after you shower?

yes - about 3 days - hung to dry after each use

22. Some things you are excited about?

learning to sail, learning/brushing up a variety of spanish/latin dances, freedom to redefine my life

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?

um

don't really eat jello - lemon or raspberry, i guess

24. Describe your keychain(s)?

many keys. all the places i need to get into. divided onto different rings by utility/location cluster. releaseable catch on ignition key to leave vehicle running in winter if i need to step out

26. Where do you keep your change?

front right pants pocket

27. What kind of winter coat do you own?

coats:

leather bomber
leather 3/4 length
parka
other winter coat (full size cold weather)
suit/car/dress overcoat

i have a couple of other winter coats kicking around that i don't wear anymore

28. What was the weather like on your graduation day?

nice - sunny - gorgeous

29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?

open

30. Did you read this far?

yes

and in the tradition of those who tagged me - having read this, you are now tagged

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD, i think you're the only other person on the planet who'll admit to knowing anything about "phantom of the paradise."

i think i've seen that movie a thousand times.

Balloon Pirate said...

You have a neat and orderly mind.

I'm guessing a little spackle, and that garage will look as good as new.

Yeharr

cadbury_vw said...

i have the drywall to repair it. i will be cutting out the area, mudding, and mrs_c will paint it.

i just left that night about 15 minutes after doing the damage and haven't been motivated to go back and fix that spot.

i've done some other repairs to the house since then, but not that.

maybe this weekend.

i have to go fix her computer anyway...