Monday, November 27, 2006

sailboat


i am intending to buy one of these to learn to sail. i have found one with a trailer for a very low cost. i could even tow it behind my present vehicle.

this would represent one more step in my personal journey. My desire to sail has been thwarted for many years.

As mentioned in much of the pain is gone (Monday, November 06, 2006), Smitten wants to learn to sail with me.

we also have access to Smitten's friends' sailboats (much more serious/deep water vessels), and to the cabin on the large lake some 6-7 hours away, but the craft pictured above is small enough to happily sail on the lake that is right outside my door (as pictured in Everyday is a new day I'm thankful for Every breath I take) - so we could launch on 40 minutes warning including travel time and putting up the sail.

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Good for you!

Moving on in the right direction. :)

Balloon Pirate said...

Ahoy, Cap'n Cad! Hope it's a good boat!

yeharr

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . I think it is a great idea. . . . save the huge sailboating for a weekend away. . . . and then think how good you'll be when you drive 7 hours to enjoy a huge boat.
Ciao

Anonymous said...

the refrain keeps echoing in my head, "A three hour cruise"