Monday, May 14, 2007

"He's over every single day, FUCK I'm sick of it!"

[SLAM - goes the vehicle door as son walks to the house to get his sister as we were heading to my Mom's place and out for supper]

With the above statement (made yesterday), son expresses his unhappiness with Bob the boyfriend being at his mother's house every single day. Yes - every single day.

Daughter says she really wants me to get my house so that she can get away from him being there all the time.

She says that if it takes awhile to get my house she might start coming back to the apartment.

When I asked them why he was over every day they provided 3 reasons:

1) Their mother is "basically insecure"
2) "He wants to get into her pants"
3) "[Bob]'s got no life"

Their fourth reason, added later, is so that their mother doesn't have to cook because Bob takes them out to eat all the time - or pays to order in.

----

And the world turns...

8 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

I love a kid who curses fluently. Give him a pat on the back for me.

cadbury_vw said...

BG: i agree, and i will

----

i try to give my kids instruction on when and how to swear

swearing that is appropriate, and "colloquialisms" and epithets that are approriate at given times and in given company

no - seriously

swearing is part of language - just like sex as a subject, i refuse to shrink from it

Sicilian said...

Not your problem, but it is mine. I grew up with a lot of cussing. It really bugs me. As an anger act. . .. like your son's frustration. . . . I understand, but as a way to communicate and emblish your sentences. . . . I'd rather not hear it. I know it is a part of society, like sex, but so is racism and it bugs me too.
Ciao

cadbury_vw said...

Sicilian: i was trained from a very early age on conduct in various social settings.

when a microphone is nearby you need to know what you are saying and when.

your comment about frustration and embellishment is dead on. i agree that it should not be a part of everyday language - that is exactly the context.

he is going to swear. i did/do. you did/do (i am guessing). he needs to know it is inappropriate to swear around his grandparents. that he should limit his language around me. that he is not allowed to swear at teachers or authority figures (this is bendable if they are being abusive). that swearing at public events with mixed ages is not on. that swearing around younger children is not on.

that some comments he might make around a set of guys should NEVER be made around women.

blah, blah - the reality of the deal.

my father-in-law told me once (he was a steelworker) that one of the things he liked about me was that i didn't swear - that in the first 2.5 years he knew me he hadn't heard me swear in front of him.

i would like to hear that said about my son and daughter.

Balloon Pirate said...

Reason 5: She's showing off to the kids that she can still get a man, and that her boyfriend's better than your girlfriend. She's making a new 'happy little family.'

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

yeharr

Sicilian said...

Mr.C. .. right on. . . agree 100% with what you are saying. . . I also agree with balloon pirate. Think he has got the story straight.
Ciao

SignGurl said...

I feel sad for your children. They must feel like their world has been turned upside down.

STBX Mrs. C is a complete idiot if she thinks that having Bob around isn't negatively affecting the kids.

Hugs,
Jenn

Big Pissy said...

Have you met Bob?

Just wondering what he's like....