Friday, June 27, 2008

lost

feeling a little lost

i am waiting for wednesday - my first day of classes (one class over the summer). perhaps that will ground me.

i feel like a kite being carried aloft with no string to ground it

this is perhaps the biggest flier i've ever taken

there's no landing spot

while i have made sure i am covered several ways for income

i am still feeling lost

i am not attached to any other unit than myself

there's just me here

i have my mom and dad

but i don't hang with them.

i have Smitten

but i cannot and will not hang everything on her

my kids are my kids - i will not rely on them for my place in the universe

i need to create the form of this new life

on my terms

3 comments:

Sicilian said...

It is a hard thing to do . . . . . what you are essentially doing is re-defining who you are. I would say the majority of us define ourselves by what we do. . . . or by our kids. . . . or spouse. . . . but now you are forced. . . . to be who you want to be. . . . it is really an open book Mr. C. . . . and you are the author.
Ciao

terry said...

you will. it feels weird to be so untethered, but your new path will make itself clear in time.

i promise! been there.

Anonymous said...

thinking of you and wishing you well:)