Sunday, October 11, 2009

august, september, october pics


the above is Tony Bennett. yes - the Tony Bennett - as taken from my cell phone (Tony is the standing/singing figure). got free tickets, went to see him with Smitten the other night. a good reminder of what life and its trials and tribulations has beaten out of us. we are going to try to do more fun things and have more fun.

and less burden...


a previous attempt at living - a sunday afternoon jazz session at a little cafe in small artsy town near our city


a meal like we eat together

the yams and the plate on the right are smitten's - her dietary limitations continue. we don't know what to do. but this one allergist thinks they might have an idea.

she's down to being able to eat about 9 things - on a good day... she gets pain pretty much any time she eats anything


my vitamins

when i was 13 (like my daughter is now) i never imagined i'd be 44 sitting in an apartment by myself counting out my vitamins because i have a stress disorder because of my psychotic ex...

there were more porsches and beaches and private jets

at least i have the hot babe girlfriend part of my adolescent fantasy ;-P


(picture posted with permission)

We both like this pic because of the contrast, and even the graininess of the picture

Smitten's groovy dual screen set-up in her home office. It's hard to believe this lady was anti-computer 3 and a bit years ago. Now she has 3 laptops among the 5 computers now in her house (she will be ditching one of the desktops with her most recent acquisition of a laptop for her daughter (she also has an additional work laptop...)

I had arrived at Smitten's place one night a few weeks ago with cold beer and several bottles of wine (unfortunately she can't drink wine for the time being - trial and error has shown that she can tolerate a few ales, gin, and Glennfiddich 12 year...). She was just wearing underwear and a t-shirt and I decided it was time to nibble on her leg to tease her. She was doing research on her computer. I wandered out after spending some time nibbling... when I arrived back she had changed into the above outfit to tease and bait me in return.

It was very warm, so I decided to lie down on the hardwood floor (a cool place with a good view) and was inspired to take a few cell phone pics from that vantage point.

Please keep in mind, these pictures were just what they were - not intended for posting - just farting about with a cell phone and having some fun. Now shared with friends.

----

being mindful of the four pillars is one of our goals that we have renewed

hence Tony Bennett, hence Sunday jazz

return to living a life of joy

6 comments:

Sicilian said...

I think you have to find a norm in your life. . . . . love that you find time to enjoy each other.
I am really sorry Smitten is having a lot of difficulty with food. I know you've really tried to help her.
Hugs to you both.
Ciao

So Not Wishy Washy said...

I love Tony Bennett and your willingness to see the positives in your life even when you're dealing with some very insane issues.

Big Pissy said...

I love Tony Bennett~such a classic gentleman.

Yes, see the positives in your life. Don't let that insane woman you were married to take that away from you.

Honib1 said...

HI CADBURY HERE IS MY NEW HOME...

http://honiiswriting.blogspot.com just wanted you to know where I went..

I adore Tony Bennett bet that was a great show!

SignGurl said...

Awww...I'm so glad to see that you and Smitten are able to enjoy each other. You deserve nothing but happiness, Cad.

I hope Smitten is able to find out what's going on with her. Give her a hug from your cyber buddies.

terry said...

glad to see the joyful moments. you deserve 'em!