Monday, June 04, 2007

the four pillars

last year in the fall i decided that the four pillars of my new life would be:

1) sex

2) sleep

3) food and drink

4) enjoyment


when i ask myself if i want to do something, i ask if it works as part of any of the pillars

if it doesn't then it is very likely discarded

i am still unsure how my ongoing dedication to my children fits into the pillars

i have decided that for the time being the four pillars are my personal pillars for self-fulfillment and are in my week without kids

not a lot of sex when they're around...

i'll get back to you when i figure out how they fit into my projected life of sensuous abandon and adventure yet to be fulfilled

i figure that for now they can live in the last three pillars

2 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . I think you are correct about your kids. They are a lot smarter than you think. . . . they have to see a healthy relationship. You know what it is like to not be in a healthy relationship. Your pillars are always going to be balanced. Any excess in any of them will make the others weak.
Your kids will reap the rewards of your wise decisions.
Ciao

Nobody said...

That's what I was going to say! Kids REALLY jack up the foundation of your pillars. Since having kids I get like NO sleep, have little sex, eat delicacies like Mc Donalds.

That being said, I DO drink a lot more. And I sure as hell enjoy doing it... so there you go ;)