Wednesday, August 29, 2007

email to lawyer (from the other day)

subject: change in my view of the settlement i am requesting

i believe that in the petition we filed with the court that we asked for half/equal division

if that is the case, i would like to stick to half

i had discussed with you previously my view that in negotiations i would not ask for half of [stbx-Mrs_C]'s pension, and that i would walk with all of my credit card debt and the revenue canada debt and so on...

if we filed for half - we're sticking to half

----

why?

i was just on vacation with the kids. they talked while we were on vacation. they talked about what their mother said.

apparently she told them she was stringing me along. that she was playing a waiting game. that waiting didn't hurt her, and that i could sit in my apartment forever for all she cared and that she would use all tactics at her disposal to delay settlement.

in her view housing prices will go down in a year or two and i can just wait until they do

she also apparently has no intention of settling on the house until she gets married to someone else so that she doesn't have her lifestyle impacted or the size of house she has to live in altered any way but up

----

given the above, i feel that i am offering myself up as a sucker to go with anything but half. i offered better deals in the interest of moving on and getting things done quickly.

if my good intentions are being misused, and if they will do nothing to expedite the situation, then there is no point in moving from that which is guaranteed in law.

5 comments:

SignGurl said...

STBEX Mrs. C is a total whack job. But, you already knew that.

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . .. did any of that information that your kids passed on to you surprise you.
Yanking you around is her goal. She will continue as long as you let her.
I hope your lawyer will move forward with your requests.
Ciao

t_cole said...

so.
that woman just pisses me off.
she is evil.
shall i pack my cookies up and haul them up there to tell her in person?
she'll never know what hit her.

God, i hope that made you smile!

cadbury_vw said...

SignGurl: yeah - in retrospect i shake my head at why i stayed

Sicilian: no it didn't surprise me. just filled out what i knew or guessed already.

i look forward to my lawyer's return from yet more vacation.

i am looking forward with a small bit of evil in my soul to the point when stbx gets served with the petition for divorce

i'll have another little glint of that evil at the point when she discovers that she's jerked herself out of a sweet deal

Cole: hmmmmm

i wonder if i have enough room on my credit cards for the return flight...

----

i laughed out loud

you brought a welcome guffaw to a very crappy morning

thank-you

t_cole said...

honey please - have frequent flier miles - will travel.

i think knocking some sense into that woman is just the type of therapy i need these days.
multi-purpose purpose trip.