Tuesday, September 18, 2007

feeling better today - starting updates

i've been on muscle relaxants since last week. i had been doing pretty shitty. i have been doing acupressure all week, but last night it started to have some effect, or at least that i noticed)

i have so much to talk about from the last 6 weeks - a more detailed description of the vacation and some of what went on there, changes in my relationship with my daughter son's friend moving back into stbx-Mrs_C's house, my Dad putting the screws to me and pissing me off, the impending conflict (work), blah, blah, blah.

so i might as well start with some of the oldest stuff.

vacation went relatively well. the kids mixed well. 2 of mine, 2 of Smitten's, 1 of Smitten's brother (G). there were no real bumps. there were plenty of trigger points for both of us because of our respective previous camping experiences...

the place we went to in Ontario was beautiful. it rained, but the campsite was alright because of the rock and sand (not much mud). there were some points of strain - Smitten and I had envisioned campsites much closer together. you see there were two campsites ours and Smitten's brother's (and some family). He picked the two most scenic, but not the best from a logistical standpoint - so there wasn't as much group cooking - and because there were only adults at the other site they were faster set-up and clean-up on their side (G's daughter stayed with us - with the other girls in their tent). so we were often doing chores (cooking, clean-up) while the fun was being had at the other site. so that didn't quite work out as planned.



climbing up a small set of rapids while we were all out on the hike


Smitten's daughter on the rocks, brother's wife climbing rapids


caught in the act - this pic won't stay up very long on this blog


still able to eat well, even in the bush...


daughter and son heading up to the vehicle parking spot

4 comments:

JsTzznU said...

Mr. C what a great time you must have had! Oh BTW you and Smitten make a wicked cute couple! She has a wicked smile, I'm sure just makes you melt =)

SignGurl said...

You two are adorable!! I was so excited to see the two of you that I almost missed the kabobs. Almost....

Honi said...

excellent photos.. I would say you two are very happy... thats a good thing... food looks good too... You know I might try that acupressure.. how does that work? email me honib1@aol.com and let me know.. I know there is a chiropractor/acupuncture clinic across from my office .. I was going to check out.. I am still waiting to hear from the pain clinic too.. anyways.. excellent photos..

Crabby said...

OH MAN! Those kabobs look good.

You guys are a really cute couple. The camping pics are excellent. Looks like a great place to camp.