Thursday, September 13, 2007

fibromyalgia, cycloprene, and a down week

i'm ill again

i've been denying it for weeks (nay, months) but it caught up with me hard this week.

the pain has been building and my muscles have been refusing to work more and more - until this week it became so bad that i had to go to the doctor. i got prescribed cycloprene and amytriptline - i've been on them before. the cycloprene is a muscle relaxant, and amytriptline is an old anti-depressant. in very low dosages it changes sleep patterns. they tried to prescribe paxil or xanax but i refused - last time i was on those they fucked me up bad. i need my brain - i am about to be in the most high pressure scenario since 4 years ago... the conflict.

i'm stable and am just exhausted now. my legs are a little wobbly, and i drop things because of the spasms and resulting muscle weakness in my hands and arms - but i think i am the road to being OK.

been running around all afternoon and it's hometime now - pickingup daughter to watch movies tonight, so gotta go now

7 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . I am so sorry you feel bad. I hope you enjoy your time with your daughter tonight.
Ciao

SignGurl said...

That has to suck. I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Artist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ohc said...

Sending a hug. Please take care of you! Hope you had a peaceful and restful weekend!

Reprobate said...

I hope you feel better, hang in there.

Molly said...

I'm sorry your feeling bad too. It has to be really rough...I'm thinking about you.

I'm glad you have a great gal to take care of you. :)

Honi said...

oh no .. I am so sorry to hear this.. take care of yourself first.. try and get the rest you need to be in top form and eat healthy good food to give yourself the nutrition you need to deal with whatever comes along...