Monday, May 22, 2006

Incidents Of Note

Mrs_C went to see a counsellor. She seemed to take it to heart for a couple of days. Then she accused me of having an affair - again - and demanded to see my credit card receipts for all of my cards for the last 2 years.

Her thesis: "When you swore at me and struck me you were so angry. I've never seen you that angry before. You couldn't be that angry at me. You must be angry at yourself. The only thing that could make you that angry at yourself is if you had an affair."

She read some website that gave "warning signs of an affair". Stuff like "If he embarks on a drastic self-induced makeover, it’s probably not for you"...

...or "introduces new sexual practices" (last year i suggested we try a few new things - nothing weird, just beyond missionary/oral/on all fours). "When they begin to make "kinky" requests or suggest wildly erotic play during sex including things you have never done before. They may also show an increased interest in sex or sexual things."

She also cited me coming home from work at 5:30-6pm. This really makes me mad - I work flex hours because I get the kids off to school in the morning. If I arrive at 8:30am i leave at 5:30 - it's that simple. I wanted to work 8-5 but Mrs_C insisted that I drive our son to school in the morning instead of him catching the bus. So I do. And I'm home at after 5:30pm. This is ostensibly a period of time where I have sex in our office storage room...

Here's another one "A man who is cheating will display changes of some kind in his normal patterns of behavior. Pay close attention to any deviations in your husband’s daily routine." and "Be alert for changes in your husband’s attitude, personality or behavior."

Yeah, I got really mad. I told her to come down to my office and began pulling out statements. She tried to stop me part way through, but I pulled out a random selection of of them from the files - made her do the random draw a few times too. She was all weepy sorry and I was furious.

I called the lawyer on Tuesday (before the accusation incident (Thursday) and left him a voice mail asking for a referral to a good divorce lawyer inside his firm. He called me back on Friday and gave me the name. I will call her from the office tomorrow. He waited for a couple of days to call me back figuring if it was just a moment of anger a few days cooling would be helpful. He asked "do you still need a lawyer?"

Poor guy, he's my friend too. He attended our wedding...

There was a massive blowout yesterday (Sunday). The kids got caught in that one. I actually ended up crying in frustration and upset during the discussion. I yelled. It was bad - it spilled out on to the kids too. They have forgiven me. I have yet to forgive myself.

[open heavy bias/editorial comment warning]
Yep, she had all three of us in tears, and she got the feel this swirl of emotion.
[close heavy bias/editorial comment warning]

That's two incidents with the kids present. I believe that she is now consiously or unconsciously using them as a foil in "discussions". I won't stand for that.


The involvement of the kids is a final fatal blow. Her need for an emotional hit (like heroin) is now outweighing the interests of the kids. I think her words were true. She's doing it for the emotional high she gets. Fucking bitch. (sorry for using that word, but i'm very, very upset)

She keeps telling me to let it out "Allow yourself to feel." I think she wants me to give over to her emotional swirl instead of the control I operate under.

I'm done. I'm seeing the lawyer. I'm considering timing. I can't do this anymore.

8 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

I am so very, very proud of you. You are and will continue to be a source of strength to your children.

The clarity you've attained over the past several months while this relationship reached a seething pinnacle should never be doubted. You have great insight and show admirable honesty in all things.

Have faith that you're doing the right thing. I'm rooting for you and your kids. With your steadfast backbone and positive spin on life, I know you'll al survive this.

You know where to find me if you need anything.

*hard hugs*

southern peach said...

Good for you Cadbury!!! Hang in there and be strong :)

terry said...

oh, man. i can feel the pain all the way from here.

it will be hard. there are probably some very dark and painful times ahead... but i promise you this: your life on the other side will be so much better. honest.

good luck... we're all here for you.

CP said...

You know, I'd like to smack the crap out of the writers of Cosmo Magazine. Every once in awhile, they, or the people at Marie Claire, or Vogue or Glamour, get a hair up their ass. They like to run those articles about "change in behavior means he/she is cheating". You let Mrs. C. know that sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar...and that the reason she has never seen you so angry before is because, simply...you have never BEEN so angry before! Remind her that SHE is the cause of that anger. Not guilt. Not regret. Plain, old fashioned marital woes.

Self induced makeover? A person can't decide to lose weight without being accused of screwing someone? What about when it is the opposite? What about when someone gets enormously FAT? Does that mean the opposite too? That they no longer care about the marriage? They never bother to speak about THAT.

New sexual practices? Lord have mercy. IF my husband thought I was having an affair everytime I dished up a new game in the bedroom, he probably would have killed himself or me by now. What's wrong with spicing things up with your lover? Keeping it fresh? Keeping it NEW and alive? And by the by...anyone who isn't HAVING sex or doesn't WANT to have sex is going to find that someone with a normal libido to be a bit...perverse. Some of us want it 24/7. Some of us could care less. We're all different. What of it? *eyeroll*


Working late? Isn't that a little cliche? Cad? Tell her if she wants you home on time to pick up HER ass and take the kids to school so that YOU don't have to...and you will be home on time.

Deviations in daily routines? Please. People grow. They change. You either move with them or get left behind. Ask her if SHE is having an affair, Cadbury...because she is certainly NOTHING like the woman you married, right? Ask her if her changes in behavior and her lack of wanting sex from YOU could possibly be because she is getting it from another source? Show her what the hell it is like to accuse someone of something that they didn't do. IT SUCKS. She'll see that real fast.

But, on top of all of that...what she did in front of your kids? Icing on the cake.

This is called "dizzying up the boy". She is making you feel like you are the one who is out of control and not in touch with their feelings. She lives on chaos. Thrives on it, obviously. You, therefore, have to make some pretty radical decisions. I'm telling you...go home with those papers, slap them on the counter and give her NINETY days to go BACK to the woman you married, or you are gone.

Seriously.

There is a guy I read on another site. He's a complete shit. He's going through what you are, only, I don't feel bad for him. He has no integrity whatsoever. He IS cheating on his wife with online sex practices, getting oral from massage parlors and handjobs from strippers. That's not a man I feel compassion for at all. But you? You are doing all the right things by your wife, by your kids and by yourself.

So, I am in your corner, cheering you on...completely not judging you for anything you do or don't do.

You have a lot of support here. I wish she would only understand that good men are few and far between and she is THISCLOSE to losing one.

CP.

CP said...

shit.

sorry for blogging on your blog.

you struck a nerve.

CP.

ohc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ohc said...

Cadbury,
I am proud of you! I think this is a large and wise step. You will have a myriad of emotion that flows through your spirit for a while. But, KNOW you have made the right decision. Believe in it and fight for it. Don't look back...Your children will be right beside you and you are giving them a gift of peace and a chance for a normal life...the positives will far out weigh the negatives. You ae a strong, intelligent, attractive man...you wil be fine!

I am here if you need me

cadbury_vw said...

thanks everyone

believe me, even if i do not reply to each comment posted

every one is read and appreciated

i know it might sound weird because we don't really know each other outside of blogland, but you folks are a real lifeline to sanity