Saturday, January 20, 2007

Leave not leave and leaving (part 1)

My leave has been OK. I've gotten some extra sleep. I've bee doing all the little jobs that needed tackling (putting off getting at the bigger scarier ones). Changing pre-authourised chequing payments between accounts, changing names and redirecting mail and registrations and blah, blah. Various little pieces of things that have been left because they weren't completely worth the effort to do on days while I was working.

I had to spend a day and a half on my servers and a couple of other things from work. We were under spam attack again. We were getting flooded with many thousands of spam per hour. It was overwhelming the maximum number of connections one of the servers was able to handle. I tried to keep it running but eventually had to take it offline and upgrade its hardware.

it was job that should have taken 10 minutes. The was some kind of weird short in the system and we couldn't figure out what it was. We eventually ended up swapping all the hardware in the system except for its drives. After being offline for a couple of hours the box was no lomger being attacked. So the hardware swap did nothing for the immediate problem - but at least later.

I will have to see whther I can get my day and half back somewhere else...

Smitten has not been feeling super well this week so we spent a pretty low key set of days. She was actuall off work one day. She has been seeing my massage therapist. My massage therapist is amazing. Her hands are like nothing else when it comes to taking away pain. She had worked on Smitten the one morning and Smitten lost the pain in her hip (which goes out fairly regularly) - and the rest of Smittens body just in essence collapsed. You know one those days when you are cold and tired and exhausted and the muscles in your body just sort of give up and quiver? That's what happened. A lot of the pain has been gone. I have been supplementing with low key massage and acupressure.

I went to see the counsellor that SOn and stbx-Mrs_C are seeing. I figured he should meet me if he's going to be helping my son. The counsellor asked a bunch of questions about my relationship with stbx-Mrs_C. so many that i had to make a second appointment to descuss son.

stbx-Mrs_C, it seems, neglected to mention a few critical elements of our relationship. how do i know this? the counsellor's eyes widened a bit in surprise as i talked about a few subjects and he wrote on his paper (years in my profession/realm of employment has made learning to read people's notes up-side-down a survival skill) "write in other file".

what subjects did he note? the sexual and physical abuse by members of her family. her hitting me. teh alcohol issues. her waking me up in the middle of the night to yell at me. the long dry spells sexually for the several years before we split. and a couple of others i don't remember just now.

he asked

i answered

and i left with another appointment

more later

1 comment:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C . . . keep your chin up . . . I realize it is hard. . . you are doing an amazing job on your kids, you, and your relationship with Smitten.
You have a lot to handle. . .
Ciao