Saturday, May 17, 2008

last night

daughter calls me today. she's in the mall with her mom. her mom didn't want her to stay at home alone, so took her to the mall, and then ditched her (as daughter puts it). stbx wanted to go do something and told daughter to go do her own thing.

daughter was having a time trying to reconcile her mom saying she didn't want to leave her by herself, and then being left by herself in the mall (stbx was in the mall, just elsewhere). daughter just found it an odd incongruity.

daughter told me she was tired. that she didn't go exercise today like she had planned because she had been up until 2:30am listening to her mother and son fight. son got high (pot) last night and stbx realised it when she came home. she freaked on him for around 5 hours straight.

son called me today

tells me about a jazz concert in town at a local lounge/bar

we talk a bit

i've been pushing him to get his driver's license and a car (i'll buy the car). he is now considering it more. he rejected the idea before.

he tells me that he and his mother got into it last night. because he was high.

they argued for 5 hours. he tried to break off but she kept following him around.

he ended up going outside to his friend's car and sleeping there from about 2:30am until 7am when he went inside.

i need to talk to my lawyer...

thank god i've got them in counselling at least

8 comments:

Wien. said...

That chat with your attorney is overdue. The pot thing might be tricky. She can say you condone it and use that against you in the parenting/custody department.

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . It is beyond my imagination how your children cope with their mother. I figure he got high just to help him cope.
Agree with Wien. . . she is looking for anything to use on you. . . don't be surprised that the pot thing might be her ace in the hole.
Ciao

SignGurl said...

*shakes head* I'm sorry things are still shitty, Cad.

Big Pissy said...

Good lord!

I don't even know what to say anymore....

Anonymous said...

Like big pissy I have little words to help here, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and the kids.

lots of love,
lil'sis

Honi said...

Please Cad.. please get those kids out of there.. You are such a positive influence and I know it might be harder having the kids 24 hours a day.. but at least you would know that they are not only physically safe but mentally and emotionally safe as well.. that woman will destroy them.. I promise... I know... maybe not identically but I know.... as far as son smoking pot.. I hate to say this.. but be careful with that.. yeah all kids for the most part experiment.. just be careful with that one.. dont want anything to blow up on you..

Anonymous said...

I just came over for the first time....

WOW.

My husband goes through this sort of thing with his ex. It's soooo frustrating. It sounds like you're trying to help your kids. That's all you can do. Keep your head up...

Mouthy Girl said...

I hate that your kids are constantly dancing on hot coals. Hate it.

I'd say some ugly things about the wife, but I'm taking vicodin and can't trust myself at the moment.