Monday, July 03, 2006

Still going

There is relative peace now. Some jumpiness, but no acrimony.

Going out to buy boxes. It's all strangely surreal/unreal.

Mrs_C has come up with an idea that we could still live together but be more distant. A "no pressure" live together arrangement.

I have said that I don't think it will work, and that parting is the only option.

She is all very accomodating now - she's still thinking maybe I will fold, or agree to stay a "few more days". I still feel myself being sucked in toward agreeing - it would be so much easier (or would it? i think not). I can only think why wasn't she this accomodating before? If she had displayed any of the ability to be agreeable before, we wouldn't be here. Her ideas and language are exactly what I want to hear.

My Mom says "You know, it makes me think of how all these prisoners and convicts suddenly learn all the right things to say to get past a judge or a parol board. All that contrition, all that sorrow, all those right words."

----

Mrs_C and I have been discussing counselling for us and the kids.

I'm very tired and the words are not coming to me, so that's all I'm going to type.

5 comments:

terry said...

your mom is a wise woman.

glad you're not being sucked in.

hang in there, cadbury.

sending warm thoughts your way...

ohc said...

Your parents are awesome! Sending good vibes and sleep vibes. Please get rest!

You are doung the best thing. Counseling is good...someone new perhaps?

Wishing you all the best!

Big Pissy said...

Your parents really are awesome!

You're so lucky to have their support during all this.

take care.

Michelle said...

What these guys all said...your parents are awesome! :)

Rough roads ahead...hang in there! :)

CP said...

Your mom gave you some really great food for thought.

The "living together with no strings" never works. Don't do it. Make a clean break and start living your life.

Familiarity breeds contempt. You won't be able to keep up the fascade for very long.

CP.