Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bellissimo date!!!

Late night after date post.

Went on a date with the teacher lady. She's really nice. Very attractive - and best of all, likes me ;-)

Wheeee!!!

She even gave me a hug (two big hugs, actually [no - I did not try to kiss her] I was blown away suprised by the hugs) as we parted and said she'd like to go out again. If I didn't think I'd look too stupid I would have started softshoeing up the sides of the walls, lampposts and a fountain as I walked back to my car at the end of the date - sort of a Gene Kelly singin' in the rain moment except it wasn't raining...

We started off with a simple coffee at 7:30 and ended after midnight at a pub with music (not a dance place, but a nifty downtown pub). We walked in the park downtown and stuff - neither of us wanted to end the date.

We talked and talked. I took some pics (printed wallet sized ones off the colour printer) because pictures are worth a thousand words. Want to see I'm a nice guy - look at my kids in their ethnic dance outfits, the massive tree fort, and the all weather dog house with kennel and even his own private tree to pee on.

I was up front about the length of time since my separation. She was terribly understanding (having been through a drawn out "maybe this can work" soul draining split herself some 6 years back).

She put up well with me blithering on and on (I cover for nervousness with talk lots of the time - I think it's entertaining and intelligent talk, but I can still go on a bit). I tried very hard to shut up (and did lots). I asked her lots of questions and was highly respectful of her answers and ideas.

It was really nice and really fun. I'm beaming like a little kid.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

If I was the little dog in the Bugs Bunny cartoon I'd be bouncing up and down panting and wagging my tail with excitement.

----

Oh, well.

I hope this post doesn't come off sounding too idiotic for a 40 year old guy.

But I'm soooooooo happy. Time for bed. Got to work in the morning.

6 comments:

Nobody said...

You're so giddy. I love it. Isn't it weird how just a HUG from a new interest can be that exciting?!

Glad you had fun, C

Leesa said...

Sorry for my less-than-gracious answer to one of your comments.

Giddy? Fun to read about.

SignGurl said...

You made me giggle thinking about how giddy you are.

southern peach said...

I loved this post! Too cute! Hope it keeps going well :) So glad she was a great and understanding lady!

terry said...

idiotic? no. not at all.

i think it's great you're getting a taste of the possibilities. a look at what it might be like to be in a better relationship.

and how is it that you're dating already?? jeez! so unfair. it's not like this for most women i know...!

enjoy!

Big Pissy said...

Awwwww....giddy is so cute.

Glad you had fun. :)