Monday, August 14, 2006

Life On A Day To Day Basis

I've spent so much time obsessing about the state of my marriage that I don't completely know how to write in this blog about anything else. I think I will decide on a series of topics and work from there.



The ongoing life narrative:

I received an email from the teacher lady I went out with. She was in a 5 year relationship before going out with me. She had decided to start dating again, but for whatever unexplained reasons decided to revisit that relationship again. She described it as her "stubborn" "make it work" side.

Oh well. I wish her well. She's a very nice lady whom I very much enjoyed my evening with.

I'm getting set up by a number of people who know me. They have friends who are single and many people who know me don't want me to return to Mrs_C. Especially to 50something ladies in my office and building. So they are looking around.

So, I went on another date. Nice lady, but terrible mismatch. She's a correctional facilities worker/staff instructor. I was talking to her before we went for coffee - I made a reference to nerdy friends (as a computer guy I have a few...) who spoke Klingon - she didn't even know what Klingon is.

We still ended up going for coffee. She's nice enough, but we have almost nothing in common.


I'm still trying to get my apartment organised. Now that the kids are gone with their Mom I expect to have a little more time to work on it in the next week. I've made a little headway.

Went to my Uncle and Aunt's 50th Anniversary this last weekend. Saw cousins that I haven't seen in decades. That was OK. My kids went with me. My daughter tried to balk a bit about going, but Mrs_C forced the issue with her. I was prepared to let it go and allow daughter to stay, but Mrs_C forced it - much to her credit.

Mrs_C said "There were lots of times when I was a kid that I didn't want to go to some family event, or some place and was even mad about it at the time - because I wanted to stay home and have fun. But now as an adult, I am so very glad I had the opportunity to meet those relatives and be in that place."

Kudos to Mrs_C.

Daughter ended up having fun. Daughter would have had less fun if she'd stayed. She wanted to stay because one of her cousins had his girlfriend arriving for a visit from overseas and she wanted to see her. This poor lady was so jetlagged and tired (about 2.5 days with no sleep) when she arrived that she was not interested in anything - certainly not a 10 year old girl...

You see, daughter wants to spend any time she can with women in their late teens early 20s that are "hot" and "cool" - like her cousins and this girlfriend.

More later - work beckons.

1 comment:

Big Pissy said...

Just take it slow....things will all fall in to place on the dating side of things.

You're doing great! :)