Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Absence Makes The Heart Grow... What?

Mrs_C was out of town on a work related trip. I was so relaxed. I slept sooooo well.

So did the kids. Why did it only take 30 minutes to get them to bed and another 15 minutes for them to fall asleep when it's usually a 2-3 hour trial to get them to bed and sleep? (yes - i start at 8:45 and usually end around 11 - 11:30 - sometimes later with my son)

Could it be that they didn't have to endure us being out in the garage having another 3 hour "conversation" earlier in the evening?

Could it be that no-one yelled at them for being lazy? Or for not picking up their laundry? How strange to have someone call you to your room in an even voice and say "Hey, can you pick that stuff up, please?"

She's most likely back today. It will be an interesting contrast to observe.

4 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Hell. No need to complete a venn diagram on this one, Cadbury.

Your handful of examples of what happens when calm descends on your home is enough.

As always, I'm so very proud of you! Keep it up.

Big Pissy said...

Glad your household was peaceful for a change.

Take care of yourself.

ohc said...

I understand that kind of peace. Nice, huh? Room to breathe? Yes...I am glad you and your children had that feeling. I hope this is a forshadowing event! Take care and peace!

terry said...

pissy and hippi practically took the words out of my mouth.

i'm so glad you and the kids got some peace. i hope you get much, much more.