Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sorry I Am A Bad Blogger

I have been advised (in a nice and positive way) that I am not a good blogger because I do not reply to your comments on an individual basis.

This is true. After having it pointed out to me, I realise that yes, this is bad blogging etiquette.

Henceforth, I will reply appropriately to your comments.

My excuse (i always have one handy):

I feel self absorbed enough by posting about me, me, me. I feel awkward about continuing on down that path too far in comments. I will attempt to strike a balance.

I try to maintain bi-directional conversational interaction by visiting and posting on your blogs very regularly.

Also, many times your excellent posts and comments prompt elements of future posts, so replies are subsumed in a new post.

6 comments:

terry said...

wow... i had no idea that was a requirement in blogland...!

i just do it because.... well.... i can't shut up.

cad, you do what you want. it's your blog!

Big Pissy said...

Heh! Laughing at Terry's comment :)

and I agree~it's your blog~do it your way!

Mouthy Girl said...

Oooooooh we have a critic?

Glad I'm not as perfect. Like Terry and Pissy, I'm merely addicted to verbage.

Reply only if you want to do so. Sit in silence if you want.

If I ever get piss-faced because I feel as though you've somehow slighted me, I'll just hunt you down. No blogging critiques coming from me.

t_cole said...

me either
i barely have time to blog lately.
it's all i can do to get my entries out there.
so if i reply to everyone - then i don't have time to go read THEIR blogs and find out what's going on in their lives.

love and hugs - respond at your own free will. or not.
t

Nobody said...

Me either.

You know what tho...?

It's your blog.

We're voyeurs.

You owe nothing.

This isn't a chatroom.

Call bebitter, as people have said the same to me ;)

cadbury_vw said...

thank-you everybody for making me feel better

i was worried i might have inadvertantly slighted someone

i want to echo t_cole and say that i consider it more important to dialogue and conversation to read and engage on your blogs than on mine