Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"standing idly by"

"just standing idly by, as a friend, for when the proverbial shit hits the fan." - CP

why is it i feel pretty much the same way?

had an "almost conversation" in the garage yesterday

she told me that when she got mad at me last saturday about me wanting to go exercise she should have said "Fine. Do whatever the hell you want. I'll make my own fun without you. I don't have to wait around for you."

when she noticed the small frown on my face, after her saying this with no small bit of edge in her voice, she said "I meant, that's what I could have said then. But I didn't. I was just illustrating something I could have said. I should have handled it better. I will in the future."

She bought a book by Doctor Phil that she's reading. She puts great stock in its advice...

When Pissy talked about her husband's ex
"When he told her he was leaving, she did everything she could think of to get him to stay.

and I mean EVERYTHING...even sexual stuff....and this from a woman who wouldn't even have sex with the lights on..."
well... dread: intransitive senses : to be apprehensive or fearful

I'm waiting to see how long it takes for her to meet any of the demands i made. Better not be long.

----

In other exciting news, I picked up my new dental splint today. It's sort of like a football mouthguard except it's molded plastic and only for my lower teeth. I had one before but it broke. Now the headaches I get from clenching my teeth while sleeping will go away.

Well, they did last time.

Still holding.

Thank-you for waiting the vigil with me.

5 comments:

Nobody said...

I'm a sleeping teeth-grinder too, Caddy. I used to wake up with the WORST headaches and horrible stress in my jaw.

My thingie is tiny though. It fits over my 2 front teeth and is JUST thick enough that my teeth don't grind.

So, of course she will try to do everything. WHo wouldn't? It's a bit like watching a fish out of water. Uncomfortable. Awkward. Eventually she's going to be forced back into the "swim of normalcy" though.

It's human nature unfortunately.

Mouthy Girl said...

Ya know what? I had one of those dental things as well. At the time, I was dating a guy who liked to leave a few bruises on me now and then. A wonderful human being who barricaded me in a hotel room. I won't divulge much more.

Once I left his insane, unpredictable, abusive nature, I no longer needed the mouthpiece. I slept like a baby. No headaches. Nothing.

If you're sitting there feeling as though the freaking shit's gonna hit the fan, stop WAITING. Stop it. Make a decision to have a better life.

I've said it more than once:
At this point, you are a willing participant in the chaotic relationship your wife calls marriage.

Sure it's easy for me to say enough is enough; I'm an outsider. I don't have to deal with the true repercussions of a divorce from your wife.

But I DO know that taking a chance on happiness is worthwhile. I'd rather RISK being happy than be GUARANTEED predictable misery.

Big Pissy said...

I'm a sleep grinder too. Or at least I was.....until I resigned from the DA's office....

and...yes....as I said before and as nowhere girl said today: she will try to do everything.

It's called desperation.

You know where this is headed, Cad.

It's just a matter of time.

terry said...

uh.... are you grinding... or clenching?

either way, it sounds to this non-professional like another symptom of the stress in your home life.

i'm just saying.

ohc said...

Tell her that Dr Phil also said, "De Nile is a river in Egypt."

Here in the corner pulling for ya...still sending light...always.
You are doing great...keep breathing.


I am glad you got the dental splint...they do help!