Friday, February 16, 2007

Logfiles and things are fascinating

You know, I was looking through my logfiles on my statistics system. And one thing I did discover is that a very special blog commenter appears to be arriving from Georgia. It's interesting that someone who appears to be using the internet access of the Georgia Department of Education would be quite so free to leave sporting comments on blogs.

It sure makes me wonder what access to information laws in Georgia would turn up from the internet access logs of their proxy system. Especially since the special commenter appears to be always accessing this blog from the same class C address block.

Yep. No telling what might happen if a person went digging.

BTW, Jonesboro, Georgia is a long way from Michigan, so that certainly supports 'chelle's claim not to be anonymous/blog_surfer.

7 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Ummmmm....my daughter teaches school in Jonesboro, Georgia.

But I promise it's not her. ;-)

SignGurl said...

You mean to tell me that Blog Surfer's still around? This person really must get a life.

southern peach said...

How random that it's Georgia! That's where I am! I am about 15 minutes from Jonesboro. It's not me though! I don't work for the Department of Ed.! ;-)

cadbury_vw said...

yep, blog surfer left a comment on the valentine's success post.

he (or she - but i think he) leaves a comment every couple of weeks.

when it happens i look in the logs and see if i can separate out where the person came from, and that evening in that time period there were only two people who hit the site. one from New York that I know who it is, and this jonesboro one.

it's the first time it's been that identifiable. for awhile i thought the he was from oklahoma, because of a bunch that were coincidental from there (and may be this person travelling).

and just for the record, none of the last day's accesses, as they show on the stats, match that entry

Brandi said...

I think I can rule out the Oklahoman...it's me!
LOL:)

cadbury_vw said...

Brandi: you are indeed my Oklahoman

Anonymous said...

I think St. Louis, Mo, connecting through Comcast. Fruitcake posted on Brandi's site... time stamps don't lie. Unless this nut is a hacker... which I doubt because he's got a Mac OS.