Sunday, October 01, 2006

desperation and the shattering of delusion

Son stayed with me. Daughter stayed at her Mom's. Daughter told me friday night that she wanted to stay with her Mom full-time. I refused to budge on the issue. By the end of that discussion I let daughter stay that night, and son came with me. Daughter was fully huggy and back to normal after I laid down the law - no agreement to change custody. I think she was happy, even if she had jusr said she wanted to stay full-time with her Mom. I would pick up daughter after Mrs_C and I discussed parenting issues at 11 am. Daughter seemed way to happy and huggy. I suspect Mrs_C influence on daughter's request.

Took son to my parents to do some work in the morning.

I went to talk over parenting issues. We decided to go for a walk instead of going for a coffee (Mrs_C's suggestion [should have been my first clue something would go weird]). We walked around the neighbourhood. We talked parenting. Mrs_C kept trying to steer things toward the marriage and our relationship. I kept refusing to discuss those issues.

I used Balloon Pirate's lines - they worked well. Thanks.

She suggested we go sit in the back yard. We did.

We sorted out the parenting issues.

However it occured, it slipped to relationship issues. I told her again that it was never going to lead to a reconciliation. She tried to argue, she tried to plead, she tried to bully. I stayed firm. She did the crying thing. I made motions to get daughter and leave.

She says "I'm so horny. Let's have sex."

"No. That won't work" I go to get up from my chair and she is literally on top of me with her shirt up and her breasts out. Now, remember - we're outside. We're in the back yard. She's climbing on top of me on the chair pushing her now exposed breasts in my face and has wrapped her arms around my head. She saying things like "I want you to fuck me now. Come upstairs and take me" and such.

I'm all "WHAT THE FUCK" as I'm trying to get up from my chair and she's on top of me doing her thing trying to kiss me and grind on me.

I extricate myself and hastily flee to the garage to get my daughter from inside (attached garage - entrance to house from backyard).

Mrs_C comes after me and manages to get up on the steps inside between me and the door. She starts taking off her clothes.

I am completely off balance by this point. I'm telling her "no, i can't and i won't" but she's pushing it like a wild woman.

i think i can hear daughter coming from inside and tell mrs_c that.

i should have probably just left and come back later, but i was getting daughter. i was hell bent on that.

Mrs_C puts her top back on and pulls up her pants.

I push past and go inside to get daughter.

She grabs my keys and goes upstairs. I want my keys. I'm rattled. In hindsight I shouldn't have gone after her, but i want out of here.

She goes to her room. I go to get my keys. She's taking off her clothes again, and is stripped in seconds. I'm getting my keys. She trying to grab me an hold me and kiss me and undo my pants and lifting up my shirt saying all sorts of "fuck me deep and hard" stuff that's has never come out of her mouth before.

I'm trying to get away - she's hanging on - literally. I'm just fucked up. My naked ex-wife is hanging on the my arms and legs and torso and I'm struggling to get away without hurting her, my daughter is in the basement rec-room watching TV.

So I tell her "Stop!"

"We can't do this."

"Why? I'm soooooo horny. It's just sex."

"We've done that before, and it didn't work. Remember?"

"I don't care"

"I'm seeing someone else. I've been with someone else. I can't. I can't sleep with you."

[silence]

[she lets go]

She looks at me. She says "I don't care. I forgive you." and starts at my belt again.

"NO!!!"

She backs off and looks at me. "I've got to go" I say.

She starts getting dressed. I wait. I don't want to have the possibility of an incident with daughter in the house. She is telling me how it is an afront to God and that I have now committed adultery and all this stuff.

She says that she should have had more self respect for herself than to do what she did and to keep trying after I told her I was with someone else. She starts asking things liek "Is she hot?" I tell her we're not going anywhere there on this discussion.

I go call daughter.

Mrs_C makes a number of snarky comments about her presumptions of my new sex life. She actually apologises for making them, and says "I know they are snarky, but I'm allowed to make them, given the circumstances."

I tell her to make sure she tells the whole story of what went on that morning to her sister, instead of just the part about me telling her i slept with someone else.

She says "well, i guess this really is it, isn't it? I had always hoped for a reconcilliation." then "have a nice life". she went into the backyard to cry. i follow and say "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ever have to tell you in these kinds of circumstances."

I load stuff in the vehicle and leave with daughter.

[the above is an abridged but accurate representation of the events and words]




things went well with the kids and with daughter. today has been a beautiful time together. more on that later.



blog_surfer: this post is going to be ripe territory for your shit. don't bother. anything you post will be deleted summarily.

this is a pre-emptive fuck-off

13 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . I am so sorry for all that event. . . I do think that you are naive when it comes to dealing with your X. . . I think you did a good job considering what came at you. . .
On the adultry issue. . . yes you are married. . . in the US. . . she could use that against you and depending on the state laws it can hit you financially. When you have separated as you have done. . . when you are living apart. . . when the lawyers are involved. . . there really isn't a marriage. You have a piece of paper that says you are legally married, but the reality is that the marriage is long over. Who you date. . . your business. . . who she dates. . . her business. . . the problem is that she is unwilling to face the reality of the situation.
To Blog surfer. . . I think you are sick. . . what purpose does it serve to whine away at Mr. C. unless you are Mrs C or a friend of Mrs. C . . . see a counselor. . . get help. . . you have some real issues. . . but mostly move on.

cadbury_vw said...

in our jurisdiction there is no "fault" or punitive structure built into family and divorce law

i sepcifically asked about "adultery" issues when i saw my lawyer the first time because mrs_c had been accusing me of having affairs (that i did not have)

as for the "God" thing, I am not a believer. mrs_c becomes one whenever she can't cope with a situation and goes all weirdly religious

a funny note to this:

mrs_c had told me about calling a psychic. apparently this psychic told her, among other things, that i was not having an affair during marriage. but yesterday mrs_c tells me: "she said you weren't having an affair while we were together, but she said, after our separation - just watch out - it will only be a matter of time before he does"

mrs_c was quite triumphant when she told me about this successful prediction

as for me, i am in awe of that psychic...

she succesfully predicted that after several months of separation a guy would have sex before the mandatory 1 year waiting period is over

oooooh

i'm all shivery with that display of psychic power and accuracy

Anonymous said...

wow, cad. WOW. how ugly

i feel like i need a drink after reading this. i can't imagine how you must feel.

cadbury_vw said...

i'm trying to wrap my head around this set of events. i'm still trying to process it all

was this just a sexual overature gone wrong?

i feel pretty greebly about it. i said NO a lot of times. forcefully.

does it constitute sexual assault?

i'm a guy. without being raped or something, can i be sexually assaulted? especially by my wife?

i got aroused. what about that?

i'm still not wrapping my head around the event.

Big Pissy said...

Mrs. C really needs help. Counseling....something.

I can understand desperation, but she really took things too far.

Mrs. C. conducting herself in such a manner with your child in the home?

That's sick.

CP said...

Of course you got aroused. Mrs. C is still the woman you married and desired for years. Now, she is ripping off her clothes, telling you to fuck her and talking to you with the potty mouth you wished she had all along! You are HUMAN, Cad. I know my husband can get aroused by a sexy female...it's what he DOES with that arousal that will prove him to be a good husband or not. You ain't dead, son. If Smitten doesn't understand that, then she isn't for you either. Shit happens. But, I am GLAD you didn't fall into the hole *literally* and fall for another of her games. It's a ploy. It's too little too late. She's one long game. She doesn't seem to understand that she is at checkmate right now. The game is over. Fini. Good for you for holding your own...and yes, your own wife CAN be convicted of rape and assault, but do you want to drag your children through that?

Just let it go. Pray for her. But, let it go.

CP.

Anonymous said...

everything cp said?

ditto.

it wasn't just a sexual overture. it was a power play.

cadbury_vw said...

i'm not thinking of charging her

i'm just trying to put all this into the right wrong, way over the line, illegal, or sexual assault categories in order to make sense of it in my own mind

it was weird and kind of greebly and felt REALLY wrong

i'm trying to sort out my own feelings

Balloon Pirate said...

You were sexually assaulted. You could have her arrested on attempted rape.

There are no two ways around it.

And I'm guessing there's more than one neighbor who saw it.

I don't like to offer advice, but even if you do not charge her, you should consider a restraining order against her.

Your daughter, I'm guessing, is a lot like mine. She's very attuned to others' needs. She may have said that she wants to stay with her Mom not because she wants to, but because Mommy's sick, or sad, and needs rescuing.

I strongly suggest you talk to a counselor if you're not already, and soon. This sort of thing will take its toll on the sanest of individuals.

Good luck. I'm pulling for you!

Yeharr

Michelle said...

Ok...I warned you in email. I haven't said anything, purposely, because my opinion is going to differ from everyone else here. That is not to say that I agree with the likes of "blog surfer" or will criticize like he/she did......but I am going to offer my opinion which is going to be different from all or most others. So bear with me and I understand if you delete. This is not necessarily jsut a comment on THIS post, but on the last few that I have just read.

Ok, maybe I need to go WAY back and get some "history" on just what caused the breakup between you and your wife. BUT....I get the impression here that is was all her doing. Now...call me crazy, but doesn't it take TWO to make or break ANY relationship?? Not to say that one is not at fault more than the other, nevertheless two people are involved. I actually kind of feel sorry for Mrs. C. (Ok, give it to me people!! lol) I think she is a completely lost soul. Yes, she should have realized that a long, long time ago, but sometimes it takes a big kick in the ass for us to realize that things have gone to hell in a handbasket.

Sexual assault? Is that pushing it a little?? I'm not defending her but maybe she is jsut so desperate??? Not that that makes it right.....but some people will resort to anything to hold on to someone they "love" or have a past with.

And again, this is just MY opinion...but why did you feel the need to tell her about sleeping with smitten?? Was it because she was hurting you and getting to you so badly that you needed to "one up" her?? You, for all intents and purposes, are still married.

I dotn hate you, Cad....far from it. I am not taking sides....(like it would matter anyway). I just have this (bad?) way of seeing things through the eyes of the "underdog". Maybe I have to determine through further reading who that is exactly, in this case. I hope you don't think less of me for expressing what I think. :)

Nobody said...

Ohh, that was pulled from the evil bag of tricks! We women are master seducers. I'm proud of you. Though not divorced, my hubby woulkd have been toast once my boobies were out ;)

Balloon Pirate said...

Chelle: NOT sexual assault?

Reverse the situation: If a man--any man--married or not--tried to have sex with a woman against her wishes, what would that be?

Husbands have been tried and convicted of rape for doing to their wives exactly what she did to him.

This is the exact wording in New York State Penal Code 130: Sexual abuse through sexual contact is the touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person for the purpose of gratifying the sexual desire of either party. It includes the touching of the defendant by the victim as well as the touching of the victim by the defendant, whether directly or through clothing.
Lack of consent, along with forcible compulsion, includes circumstances when the victim clearly expressed they did not consent to the act of intercourse ...

(emphasis mine)
How does that NOT describe what Cadbury's wife attempetd?

And in this state, there is no distinction between attempted rape and rape. If the Defendant attempted rape, it's rape, whether he or she completed the act or not.

Specifically, Mrs C. can be charged with 130.35: First Degree Rape. A Class B violent felony, punishable by 12 to 25 years in prison. Additionally, she could be charged with 130.52: Forcible Touching (Class A Misdemeanor, one year prison time), AND 130.55: Third Degree Sexual Abuse (Class B Misdemeanor; 3 months)

Family history does not matter. Yeah, there are two sides to every story. That does not give her permission to do what she did.

Should Cadbury bring charges? That's up to him. I would not, but I would tell my lawyer, and get a restraining order. I would also request a reworking of the custody laws, and request a hearing on mental competence.

There's alwas extenuating circumstances here. You don't know them, and I don't either. But none of them matter.

In my opinion, she has taken these proceedings into dangerous waters, and this is not the time for sideline commentary or excuses for her behavior.

Yeharr

CP said...

I have to concur with BP, Chelle. Situation reversed, despite their being married, he has separated and started divorce procedings. He is no longer fair game to her. And, she has no business touching him at all. NO IS NO...no matter who says it. Even if they WERE still married...if he says no, it's no. Nobody has the right to force you to have sex. No one.

Chelle, you really do need to go WAY back into his archives. I'm not gonna throttle you. I used to feel badly for Mrs. C too, once upon a time...until I realized she was nothing but a long drawn out game and Cad was her whipping boy.

He tried to make it work. He tried doing sweet and nice things for her, things all we women recommended to him.

He went above and beyond. Bottomline? She doesn't deserve him. End of story.

CP.