Monday, September 18, 2006

A Call and an Art Gallery

Mrs_C in the Saturday conversation referenced in Sunday, September 17, 2006 I Cried:

[mrs_c]
We've got a year until the divorce is final, why can't we try and make it work in that time. If you really love me, if there is enough love, then it will work.

[cadbury]
We had a whole year already. Where were you then? You had an opportunity then. I told you in exacting detail what needed to change and you didn't then. What could possibly lead me to believe you would change now?

Nothing.

There's too much pain, too much hurt, and too much of everything to ever come back.

[mrs_c crying heavily]
I know I screwed up. You're the best thing that ever happened to me in my life and I screwed everything up and now it's broken and I can't fix it it'll never come back no matter what I do I can't fix it.



A Call:

Got a call from Mrs_C sunday morning after Saturday's discussion. She called daughter, ostensibly to check on her health (she was ill last week). She then led into asking to talk to me about daughter's health. After about 3 sentences she dropped straight onto our relationship. I saw that one coming a mile away. A standard Mrs_C tactic. Call on one inoffensive upfront topic, and move in for the kill.

It was an "I wish you well" call. A "i still love you and will try to make your life a happy one in any way i can" call.

It was weird.

One thing stuck out: She referenced having more money than me, and that she's trying to cover more of the bills because she has more money than me in order to help me out.

She doesn't actually have more money than me. But, whatever... she can think what she may.

I pointed out that I am splitting common bills for the kids.

I was pretty wary of this line of discussion and brought the phone call up pretty short.

I think that she is scratching around for old tactics that worked to reel me in. Sex, nice, crying, money - all of them worked at one time or another.



Artsy Fartsy:

Went to an art gallery with Smitten yesterday. It was great.

Invited her to a poetry reading - she accepted.

We were also going to go to a play, but she invited me to her place to watch a movie instead.

hmmmmm - alone and snuggly or in a set of theatre seats surrounded by other people... which one will Cadbury choose? [heh]

I love arts and culture and all those things. I used to go to all the book launches and poetry readings and art shows and everything. I held an active membership in the local writer's guild. I did stuff for a little while after I got married. But those activities got put in "boxes" and stored like my books.

I'm so happy those are things Smitten listed as wanting to do even before we met. That way I know it's real desire to do them and not just bait and switch like I have had on me before. "Sure I'm all art and drama" someone else told me many years ago [well - drama maybe...]



Dating Awareness:

Son and daughter have been made aware I am dating (on a theoretical basis anyway). I have not advised them of Smitten's existence in specific.

They are fine with it.

Daughter says she thinks I should probably refrain from advising her mother for the time being...



Just for the record:

Both Mrs_C and Smitten are aware that I post to a discussion group online about my relationships and issues. That would be this blog, and our blogging circle.

Mrs_C is of the belief that it is part of a marriage website, and I have not disabused her of that mistaken notion. She is aware that wherever the postings are, they are in the clear, and that anyone on the planet could read them if they found them.

They are both aware that it is pseudonymous.

Neither has asked me to not post.

Mrs_C has previously asked me to maintain psuedonymity so that people close to us would not be reading personal details with attribution.

I last referenced a posting on this blog roughly 2 weeks ago.

1 comment:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . . I feel for ya. . . I hope that you can place boundries on the X. . . she will ruin any relationship she can. . . and she will use your kids as any excuse to get to you.
Hang tight buddy. . . . and I think the blog is a great way to sort through your thoughts. Kept me sane after a divorce. . .
Ciao