Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Event

It went fabulously.

It went better than fabulously.



I had been wound up (paranoid) the night before about my suit, but my Mom is a talented seamstress (been sewing for 60 years - has made probably half of her own clothes for 50 years) and had done the tacking and pinning on the waist. The suit is tailored, so it fits perfectly for length and shoulders and such. I re-read yesterday's post and realised it might sound not very good. I looked fine (as reports are coming back) - real good. Silk shirt, silk tie - in context of the older business guy crowd at the event I was mighty hot ;-)



The comments so far: "There's a keeper", "Hubba Hubba", "I can see why you wanted to invite him". [hee hee] I'm all grins on this end.

Her boss/mentor is a former school board superintendent (PHD Ed.) working for the charity in retirement. This lady shares a geographic and ethno-cultural origin (and a fair bit of style) with our beloved CP.

She tried to dizzy me up a few times to check me out - then she made me sit next to her before the guest speaker started and did a "hiring interview" on behalf of [Lady Of Smitten]. By the end she was trying to recruit me for the charity for my computer and instructional skills. I think she liked me... she urged [Lady Of Smitten] to get together with me.

[Lady Of Smitten] was fabulous. Even with a thesaurus I can't come up with enough new superlatives (partly because I read several entries in a thesaurus before going to make sure I used enough variety in compliments [Heh!]) Sometimes my background writing briefing notes and "lines" can come in handy. Yes - I prepped for the date - did speaking notes for myself on a number of topics, selected some funny stories, and because I had some idea of how her boss would razz people I had a few witty polite comebacks prepared. Didn't actually get to use any of those because I didn't predict right... hey, I don't know the lady.

The 2 dozen roses I brought when I arrived to pick [Lady Of Smitten] up went over well too ;-)

[heh] $19.99 (USD 17 something) at a flower wholesaler I know. I rule!

Shared some wine when I dropped her off after the event. Snuggled for awhile (long while).

She's smart, she's capable, she's kind, she's gorgeous.

Yeah. I'm buzzed.



In answer to something CP said:

Do the kids know the separation is final? Do they know this is heading for divorce?

Yes.

I told them.

They have also been told by their mother - sometimes...

They believe me.

4 comments:

SignGurl said...

You rule!

Big Pissy said...

Yea!!!!

CP said...

Okay, so I am assuming boss of Lady Smitten was a Jew babe from NYC. Are we not the most fabulous creatures ever??? How many women in this world would insist on you sleeping with someone after meeting with them!? This is what makes Jewish women so fabulous. We have class...but no morals. *LMAO*

Glad all went swimmingly.

Let us know when you get naked!

CP.

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . good job. . . glad the event was fun. . . you could've posted a pic you know.
Ciao