Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Mom Is The Best Mom

Check it out (the colour on my camera made them appear orangish - it is a deep red):





Not only did she sew me a tablecloth, red placemats, and really funky serviettes - she included some candlesticks and red candles, as well as a silencer cloth.

My Mom is the best Mom in the whole wide world!!!

Did I mention she just happened to have all that material sitting in a room in her house already? Yes - even the funky oriental character stuff.
[later edit: (that is an example of understated humour - my Mom has about a room/room-and-a-half full of material - she's a junkie - some of the material has been around since the seventies or even earlier - she has just about every concievable type of material - my guess is that the oriental material was bought for an outfit for my brother's 3 year old daughter [or my daughter] - i didn't ask - better the fun of her "magically" pulling it out of thin air)]

8 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . . . I think your mom is probably enjoying doing all those cool things for you. I'll bet you get your artsy side from her.
As my teen would say. . . grandma rocks.
Ciao

Brandi said...

LOL! Aren't mom's the best!
I can't believe she just happened to have that material in her house. That is too funny!
I hope your date night is a great success.

Michelle said...

They are beautiuful. You are lucky to have a mom who will do stuff like that for you :)

SignGurl said...

They ARE beautiful! I have a question though. What is a silencer cloth? Does it silence your burps after a good meal? I have no idea.

cadbury_vw said...

if you look at the last of the three pictures you will see a quilted white cloth/pad at the bottom of the pile of stuff

a silencer cloth is just a padded/quilted cloth that stops the dishes from making noise (clunk) against the table as you put things down

now-a-days it also usually has a water-resistant top side to prevent spills from getting through - which can be an issue if you've ever dumped hot gravy or soup on a stained/finished wood table

it also provides a little heat insulation - again usually more important with a wood table

cadbury_vw said...

BTW, signgurl

thank-you for your compliment on the stuff

Balloon Pirate said...

light your candles a half-hour before she's supposed to arrive.

And have fun! She's there to see you, not your furniture.

Yeharr

Big Pissy said...

I adore your mother!

She is so cool! I love everything she made for you~especially the oriental/asian funky fabric and the toile-looking white w/ red.

Everything is going to look fabulous and Smitten is going to look it.

Have fun! ;-)