Friday, September 01, 2006

Three Tag

I was tagged by Balloon Pirate. This is the very first time I've been tagged. I had to think about which blog I would put the tag onto...

The three thing:

1. Three things that scare me:
  • My ex-wife
  • The fundamentalist political right
  • My children's ongoing safety (I fear for them all the time)

2. Three people that make me laugh
  • My son
  • My daughter
  • Certifiable Princess

3. Three things I hate the most
  • Arguing
  • Suffering (of others - any suffering I have ever had has been miniscule compared to what goes on around us in the world)
  • Greed/Self-centredness/Self-absorption

4. Three things I don't understand
  • How God (if there is one...) can allow suffering (you know starvation, war, pestilence, violence - all those ugly things)
  • How humans can allow suffering
  • The tax system

5. Three things I'm doing right now
  • Writing a computer script
  • Doing layout for a magazine/newsletter (it's a newsletter that is about 48 pages long and looks like a magazine...)
  • Monitoring my servers for internet based denial of service attacks and spammers (we've been having problems with both lately)

6. Three things I want to do before I die
  • Get shot into space
  • Travel most of the world by ocean
  • Travel most of the world

7. Three things I can do
  • Make a speech anywhere, anytime (zero prep), on pretty much any subject (except sports) in front of any size crowd (a minor exaggeration on the true breadth of the available subject material in my head, but I'd give it a go anyway)
  • Remain calm in the face of almost anything (except a discussion about the state of my marriage with my wife [now ex-wife])
  • Operate a grain cleaner

8. Three ways to describe my personality
  • Calm
  • Nice
  • Polite
    (not neccesarily in that order)

9. Three things I can't do
  • Play a musical instrument
  • Fly an airplane
  • Speak French very well...

10. Three things I think you should listen to
  • Moby: Hotel
  • Madame Butterfly
  • Silence - well, not really silence. the absence of the presence of aggregated humanity. like going up north canoeing and sitting on a rock for awhile.

11. Three things you should never listen to
  • My ex-wife (are you seeing a few moments of bitterness here?)
  • Most top 40 - including most top 40 country
  • Religious zealots

12. Three things I'd like to learn
  • To play a musical instrument (or more than one)
  • More languages
  • To sail or pilot an ocean going vessel

13. Three favourite foods
  • Indian
  • Vietnamese
  • Malasian
    (hah - try to pin me down)

14. Three beverages I drink regularly
  • Water
  • Coffee (450 ml cup every morning)
  • Water

15. Three shows I watched as a kid
  • Star Trek
  • Partridge family
  • Man From Uncle

16...Three people I'm tagging
  • Uh - stay tuned - i'l email you with a tag

3 comments:

ohc said...

Thanks for sharing!

Balloon Pirate said...

Star Trek! Whish I'd put that one on my list.

Much cooler than Love, American Style

Yeharr

CP said...

Awwwwwwwww. Cad? How did I miss this one?

You make me laugh too...but for completely different reasons! *chuckles*

Love ya big guy!

CP.