Monday, September 11, 2006

Sundries

I switched gyms

I had been using municipal facilities. The facility I was using closes at 9:30pm. With single parenthood and fall taxi season coming up, I decided I needed a gym that would be open later. My new one is open until 11pm except Sunday.

Kids' exercise

I was unhappy about the fact that they put serious hurdles in place to get teenagers on site but understand why from a business and liability perspective. Son is whom I am more concerned about - he used to come with me 3 times a week, but that dropped off at the end of the school year as he raced to finish unfinished schoolwork. He is starting with some of his sports (he plays this weird Asian game) again this fall, so he will be doing that for at least 2 hours twice a week. It is strenuous activity.

Daughter is active in phys-ed at school.

They both dance 2 hours a week (strenuous dance).

I have a calisthenics program developed for them based on mine, and will be doing that with them twice a week. I have asked Mrs_C to enforce/reinforce the routine when they are at her place.

I intend to take them swimming (or other substitute physical activity) once each weekend I have them. I think that this will form the basis of a reasonable exercise regimen along with their other activities.



More offers of assistance arrive

As people that were unaware of my change in status return from summer holidays and find out, the offers of stuff keep piling in. I am having to decline most offers. I am actively and publicly trolling for places to take the kids (cabins and such) for fun outings. The request is similar to my requests during the summer that led to the horseback riding and other activities.

I intend to squeeze every last bit of outdoor time out of what has been a godsend of a summer for weather so far.



Son has been asked to be an in-class assistant to his teacher in his communications multi-media classes.

He is tickled beyond belief. I taught him how to do a lot of stuff over the years as he watched me do what I do - so now he has a substantial leg up on the other students. He loves to teach and share his knowledge. This role in the class gives him much face in the school.

Yay Son!!!



Household

I am half-way done ironing all the laundry backlog, and all the laundry is finished. I only have a few boxes left to unpack.

I have pictures on the wall. I took some pics and will share them later. My daughter painted three of them and I am quite pleased to have her work on my walls.

I look forward to sporting a piece from another artist we all know and love in our collective blogging circle :-)



More date

[Lady Of Smitten] called yesterday and asked me to a movie and a walk in the park. This was after we had talked about a two week gap until next date.

Yay!

She said she was going to call me today with show times.

The movie turns out to only show at 6pm (artsy short film), so I made a dinner to eat in the park either before of after the movie. I had checked all the times and everything before she got back to me by voice today and sent her an email saying I had pre-emptively made a picnic dinner (saying I hoped it wasn't presumptuous). She said I was "cute" (then asked if it was ok to call me cute [first time for everything]) and said she was flattered.

We will address timing of various activities on arrival after work.

[smile]

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Sounds like you're on the ball with everything~as usual! ;-)

Hope you and your friend have a great time. She sounds like fun! :)

ohc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ohc said...

WOW, I have just been catching up on blogs. I see a lot has been going on here. WOW. Interesting. Whoa.

I have been burning it at both ends...but...a painting will mysteriously arrive...one day!

Hope all is well.
Sounds good!