Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Flip Sides

Bottom Side:

Mrs_C came over to the apartment with daughter Sunday morning to pick up some stuff. She did her usual call me and wake me up thing on weekends when she wants to get me before my brain is fully firing (in my opinion it is a deliberate strategy). She yaks while daughter gets her stuff. Mrs_C says "You know we could do movies at the house with the kids sometime - that might be fun - I dunno maybe Sunday night like last time - that was fun, wasn't it."

I said "Yes, that was fun" (which it was) and the conversation moves on.

She phones me on Sunday to say "What time will you be over to watch movies?"

I'm like "Uh, no. What are you talking about?" I advise her I am not coming.

She calls me later on Sunday evening. It turns out Mrs_C did not cancel the "marriage" counselor's appointment for Monday. She had told me she was going to. I should have followed up myself. She says she hopes I'll be there. I tell her "No. There's no point." She says "Think about it, I really want you to be there.". I say I have no intention of doing so, and that we should be moving on. That I have every intention of being a constant and solid co-parent, but that I had made my feelings and intention about our marriage clear. I said good-bye.

I did not go to the counselor. I called the counselor before the appointment time and left a message saying I would not be there and that I saw no point in being there.

I saw her this morning when I went to pick up son to drive him to school. She said "I just want you to know I forgive you. I forgive you your decision."

I said "Yeah" and left.



It's funny how she moves from tactic to tactic. One time she doesn't understand. Another time she begs forgiveness. Another time she finagles time using the kids as bait. Other times she tries to dangle sex.

I told her after the last time the "I just don't understand" thing came up that if she didn't understand over a year of talking about it, then she either wasn't listening or would never understand - and that if she didn't understand the reasons, she would never be able to fix it.

But she never addresses the core issues. I just don't care anymore. I have so had it with even caring to address the bullshit.

I realise it is about control. As long as she can keep me engaged in the conversation she has control.

I'm tired of that conversation.



Up side:

[Lady Of Smitten] and I went to go to the movie. But it was closed. So we ate the picnic supper I had made in the park. It was wonderful. We walked around the park and a bunch of marshland in one particular part - watch the birds flocking and the beavers preparing for winter. It was a gorgeous day - unseasonably warm until very late.

It was a day that God had made.

As it got dark we climbed a hill overlooking that part of the city, and looked at the lights. And walked back to our vehicles.

[schoolboy pitter-patter: +2]
I held her hand as we walked. It was thrilling.

We kissed in the park. It was wonderful.
[/schoolboy]

I intend to maintain an appropriate decorum. The wonderful spinning motion going on in my head feels much like coming off those merry-go-rounds they used to have in the parks when I was a kid.

While it might be fun while doing it, I certainly can't function that way, so I am keeping myself under a healthy level of control.

It's glorious not having to worry about getting bitten when I express joy.

5 comments:

Sicilian said...

Mr. C. . I do hope you can keep the Mrs. . . from knowing about your dating. . . she obviously has other ideas. . . the rejection by you of her could be dangerous. . .
New relationships should be fun . . . so should old relationships or . . . well we both know what happens when it isn't fun.
Ciao

Big Pissy said...

I agree with sicillian.....don't let Mrs. C find out about your friend. Wouldn't want her to ruin it for you.

....and you know she'd try.

Anonymous said...

sure go head and delete the truth. big man. If what I post is so false, it would be easy to refute. The truth is easier to delete than refute.

You know if there's nothing wrong with you dating while you are married, then the wife and kids ought to know.

Also, I'm sure you told Mrs Smitten that she should never mention to anyone you are dating, too. She must feel like a leper or something. Nice sensitive man that you are.

Go to the damn counseling sessions. That is your means to communicate with Mrs_C that the marriage is over. The counselor can explain it to her. She just needs to be there when you tell the counselor. How insensitive can you be? The woman still wants the marriage, so make sure she understands it is over.

The counselor can also help set up the calendar idea.

Do you realize what Mrs_C is telling the kids? She still thinks you two are getting back together. The kids hear one thing from you and another from their mother. The kids suffer not knowing what the hell is going on, but the big brave sensitive man cannot be troubled to attend one more counseling session to make sure the counselor explains to his wife that the marriage is over.

Big Pissy said...

Evidently "Anonymous" wasn't married to a man who had a blog.

She seems to be taking out all her frustrations on you.

Why do you continue to allow it?

CP said...

Oh Lord, Anonymous.

Just admit your Mrs. C and drop the charade. *L*

Listen, I wholeheartedly agree that Cad needs to tell his children that he is opting to finalize the divorce. He needs to tell them that directly, and take away any doubt or misperception or blatant lie that the Mrs. is feeding them.

However, I do NOT advocate telling your children you are dating. That is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. As long as what he is doing is not affecting their lives, an adult can do what they please. Should I report to my 20 year old daughter everytime I sleep with my husband? What is the point in that? What business is it of hers?

Ridiculous notion.

We are PARENTS. We are there to take care of our children, guide them, love them, provide for them. We are NOT there to be their best pals and buddies and reveal all our adult secrets to them. When Cad decides that things may be getting serious with Lady Smitten, then he can make the decision to discuss it with the kids or arrange a meeting.

Until then, why bog those babies down with details that they do not need to know? All they need to know is that their father loves them.

End of story.

CP.